AZSALUKI
Legend

about 10 to one right now.....lol.

0 Likes
Re: Disgusted by Verizon's new share everything plans
AZSALUKI
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

Must be blind, where is the comparison tool?

can't find it either. i had it bookmarked and must have deleted it?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

EmagehtmaI wrote:

What aggravates me is that Verizon has ended unlimited plans on people who were told just a year ago that they could keep their unlimited data. 

they did away with unlimited data a year ago. if they grandfathered you in for an upgrade any time since then, then you get 2+ years of unlimited data that others didn't (the number of months after they ended the plan until your upgrade, plus the new 2 year contract that you signed). 2+ years is a long time to give us something that they no longer offer to anyone else. and not that many will do so, but you could still keep it if you don't have to get a new, subsidized phone. you can either continue to use your current phone, or buy one on ebay, or at retail price (some of them are under $400, even for smartphones).

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

if you go to actually change your plan, on the next screen scroll to the bottom and it have a link to compare them. for $20 more per month, i could switch from unlimited to 2 gigs...lol.

compare.JPG

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

if you go to actually change your plan, on the next screen scroll to the bottom and it have a link to compare them. for $20 more per month, i could switch from unlimited to 2 gigs...lol.

Still don't see it.  Maybe it isn't available for anyone still on Alltel plan?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you on an old Alltel family plan? If so which one?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lvmybz
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is amazing to me, in a time of economic struggle, when alot of people are out of jobs, Verizon does this.  I am a single mom on a super tight budget.  Changing to this new plan increases my bill to 160.00 a month, a 45.00 increase.  I have been a customer for 4 years and have always been happy with the service.  I was waiting to get a new phone, saving money to get one, when I heard about this yesterday.  A day to late.  Really upsets how they take advantage of the blue collar workers that struggle to make ends meet.  Their corporate people get free phones, what do they care how much it costs us average Joes. I will be shopping around for the best deal. AT&T grandfathered their customers in, even with upgraded devices.  Guess I never should have left them in the first place.  I have 3 lines on this phone service for my kids since we don't have a home phone, and also combine my phone as a hotspot.  Maybe I will get rid of cell phones all together and go back to a landline with real internet.  Probably be cheaper at this point and a super basic cell phone for when I am on call.  A pre-paid phone.  Might be the way to go.  Very saddened by Verizon doing this.  I don't even have words to express how upset I am.  I have been reading the posts, and have hope that maybe I will just buy a 3rd party phone and keep my unlimited data.  If the 2GB price was reasonable, as we don't go over that, and made my cell phone bill actually go down, I wouldn't be so upset.  It is just going to get to be more and more as my young boys turn into teenagers. Smiley Happy

rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

If you don't need data , prepaid is an option. I have one that just calls and text. It's from what some refer to as a "cheap" company.  Phone cost me $20. It came with double minutes for life.  I pay 19.99 every 3 months.  It works in some place my Verizon phone doesn't,which is why I got it. I can't speak for a prepaid with data because I don't know. It can be an option depending on where you are and how you use your phone.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

Are you on an old Alltel family plan? If so which one?

yeah, the $59.99 900 min plan but also have the Alltel unlimited mobile broadband data plan for $59.99 on a verizon mifi.  The new Share Everything plan would run $10 to $30 more depending on if we keep a mifi or just tether using the mobile hotspot.  Definitely not worth it.

0 Likes
funkotron
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you want to post a screenshot use this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/shareEverythingCalculator.jsp?intcmp=VZW-VNT-SE-SHAREEVERY...

Then pick random stuff on the first page, on the next page click Change Plan.  Then you can compare.  I use Skitch to take the screenshot and black out my phone number, then used imgur.com to host the picture, but you could also just upload it with the forum's built in tool.