Re: Disgusted by Verizon's new share everything plans
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

PJNC284 wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

Are you on an old Alltel family plan? If so which one?

yeah, the $59.99 900 min plan but also have the Alltel unlimited mobile broadband data plan for $59.99 on a verizon mifi.  The new Share Everything plan would run $10 to $30 more depending on if we keep a mifi or just tether using the mobile hotspot.  Definitely not worth it.

I have informed when I asked about another Alltel family plan (not sure if it is the same as yours) that when you upgrade any line on the Alltel family plan, you will forced to the Share Everything plan. It would be for any upgrade you do for the two year contract price. It might be worth asking here in a new discussion for clarification on the Alltel family plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

funkotron wrote:

Then pick random stuff on the first page, on the next page click Change Plan.  Then you can compare.  I use Skitch to take the screenshot and black out my phone number, then used imgur.com to host the picture, but you could also just upload it with the forum's built in tool.

Clicking Change Plan just gives me the option to choose to view data usage details or open the data calculator. Doesn't work on either of the my work plans (both alltel).  Can't try my account cause it has a pending order and is in limbo (dear verizon, please to ship that Galaxy SIII).  Guessing legacy alltel plans are no go with the comparison tool.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

I have informed when I asked about another Alltel family plan (not sure if it is the same as yours) that when you upgrade any line on the Alltel family plan, you will forced to the Share Everything plan. It would be for any upgrade you do for the two year contract price. It might be worth asking here in a new discussion for clarification on the Alltel family plans.

I'm able to upgrade one of the extra lines and keep the current plan but who knows.  This whole website is a buggy mess.

budone
Legend

Looks like a heck of a deal......... For VZW!

budone
Legend

Ya know VZW wants us Alltel plan holders to switch.

Tidbits
Legend

I just about going to add 5 more lines(all family members who are on individual plans with texting and a 2gb data plan) and the data plan isn't that big of a deal as I seen their usage and my data consumption makes theirs look like a pebble(I use 2.5gb on average, more only if I keep wifi off all the time).  Splitting the bill with them they'll end up saving money, and I will end up saving as well. 

The above isn't for everyone, but it's one of those options which plays nice with the plan changes.

0 Likes
sunrise
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizonplan.jpg

No wonder why Verizon calls me every day and wants me to "upgrade". If its still this way when my contract is up I'm going to find some place else.

Slicktop
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are absolutely correct on the limitation of forced options. Verizon wagging the dog. The good news is that you'll have unlimited minutes for the emergency that may never come. No more overages. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bburger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am disgusted with Verizon too.  I was just eligible for upgrade today, so I went to look into upgrading.  Turns out, the deadline to keep my unlimited data (while still getting a subsidized phone) was YESTERDAY.  I was on the phone (wasting my minutes since they called me back) for an hour talking to a supervisor and later the associate director of customer service.  They really didn't care about my situation and said that they could offer me a couple months of free service as a way to keep my business.  YEAH RIGHT!  That's bullshit - I have been a customer for 10 years and they want to take away my unlimited data because I was ONE DAY beyond the deadline.  The only reason I was one day beyond the deadline is because THEY wouldn't let me upgrade until today.  I'm really not asking for much to keep my business at Verizon for another 10+ years, but they seem to have no problem letting me go to Sprint.  If it's true that 95% of customers use under 2 GB, then what's the problem with giving people unlimited data?  They keep contradicting themselves and it's all manipulation of statistics.

Goodbye Verizon, I hope you either change your ways or go bankrupt.  My entire extended family is already on board to switch to Sprint with me, and I will be encouraging everyone I know to get away from Verizon as fast as they can!

Slicktop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain and being an old rep for the company, I felt that their policies were kind of strict. It sounds to me as if you wanted a concession on the data deadline, but asked for your renewal date to be adjusted. It's a fair argument IMHO knowing that they can back your date up w. supervisor permission, KNOWING full well the deadline is the next day. But then again, that decision would have saved you money my friend, and cost them revenue in the long term. So, up until you ACTUALLY leave, they will play the numbers. It really is just business, but it is hard to swallow right? Even if you leave, they have a department that reaches out to you to come back!!! ** Wouldn't it make more sense to keep you since retention costs far less???

My understanding is that the other companies have their issues too and we all know VZW service is pretty good. I'm sure that you just wish it were easier on your pocketbook and not so good to the shareholder... I'm with you. Have you considered using WiFi as your primary and the 1GB for your backup?

0 Likes