Do I have to activate the upgraded phone if I go upgrade at the Verizon store?
ShaggyPod

All of the lines in my family shared plan are eligible for an upgrade right now (2 smartphone lines and 2 dumbphone/voice only lines).  i want to keep the phones i am currently using on ALL 4 lines.  I know you have to activate your phone if you upgrade via online and that is how the customer accepts the terms and conditions.  my question is:

1. can i go to the store and upgrade all 4 lines to, for example, the samsung galaxy s4 and get the 2 year contract price @ $200 each (totalling $800) WITHOUT opening the box?

2. i know data plan is required for smartphones, so if i get the data plan for the dumb phone for the upgrade, and after the upgrade, i deactivate the smartphone and move the number back onto the dumbphone, will i incurr a charge for having a data plan for the few minutes it takes up upgrade the phone?

3. instead of moving phone numbers back and forth from used phones to new phones and back onto the used phones, can i just go to the store and tell the customer rep to renew my contract term for 2 years and sell me the 4 smartphones for $200 each?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do I have to activate the upgraded phone if I go upgrade at the Verizon store?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would love help and provide clarity ShaggyPod! Yes, you can visit a store location and upgrade all 4 lines without activating the devices. A 2 year contract will be accepted prior and an "activate later" will be selected for the lines of service. It depends what plan you are on to give accurate information about data plan changes. However, you will be charged for the day(s) the plan was changed. If you would like more information specific to your account please visit a store location or accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your mobile number. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes