Do multiple phones share text allowances?
tpowell25

I have a family share plan with 700 monthly minutes for 2 lines. I pay for 1000 texts a month and am about to exceed that on my phone. My question is does the 2nd line have its own 1000 texts or does is also share the texts? I can't find anything that says they share them but I do see the talk minutes are shared.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do multiple phones share text allowances?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change your plan to a talk and text plan where you share the text messages between on the lines on the account.  The 1000 text plan is a per line amount and can't share the text allotment with another line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Do multiple phones share text allowances?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are three "levels" of texting available on a family plan - per message  - a bundle of 1000 texts per line - or unlimited on all lines on the family plan.  Per message is 20¢ per message, sent or received, the bundle is $10 for 1000 messages for each line you add it to, and it's $30 to add unlimited texting to all lines on the plan.  For our 5 phones, it's a no brainer to py $30 for unlimited.  For two or three lines, you can look at individual usage and see if it would be less to have the bundle of 1000 per line or pay per message.

0 Likes