Do not fall for the 650 switch
DW1234

Verizon is by far the most deceiving company I have yet to deal with. I originally had Sprint and was not happy with the cellular service. I called Verizon (which I had heard was the best service), and spoke with a salesman who did nothing but lie. I was originally told that they would pay to break my contract at Sprint in full, right away which was $500. This turned out to not be true. I turned my old cell phone in to a Verizon store, where I was issued a $340 gift card that can only be used to pay a Verizon bill. I have yet to receive the remaining balance to add up to $500, which will be an actual gift card. Mind you, it has been 3 months since I switched to Verizon. So obviously Sprint wants their bill paid in a timely manner, I ended up having to pay $500 out of pocket to them so the bill would not be sent to collections. 

Not only this, but the salesman told me I had a company discount that could be applied to my account and would make my monthly bill right around $100 for the unlimited plan. I was paying $101 at Sprint, so it was a no brainer to make the switch. Now I find out that a company discount does not apply to the unlimited plan. So I am stuck paying $30 more a month, for service that is not any better than Sprint.

I highly recommend anyone thinking about switching to Verizon, do not trust what the salesperson offers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do not fall for the 650 switch
JACMAR46

I am in a very similar situation. I cannot believe that this is what we left TMOBILE for!! absolutely disheartening!

0 Likes
RAGEMA94
Enthusiast - Level 3

You should learn to read the actual agreements that you are signing. The unlimited plan does not allow employee discounts and if you would have researched the plan online before switching, Verizon makes it pretty clear. They only allow military/veteran, and they have a $10.00 autopay discount. Also why didn't you just use the gift card they gave you for Verizon to pay your Verizon bill, and then pay your Sprint with what you would have paid the Verizon bill with any how...either way you would be paying one or the other, even if Verizon paid the Sprint bill directly (which they do not, and if you would have done ANY research at all you would have realized this). Also did you ever submit your final Sprint bill to the promotions page for switching, and trading in your devices?? I believe this is also a condition of Switching (not sure about the device trade in, but you definitely have to submit your final Sprint bill). Obviously if you were speaking with a SALES rep at a store, or telesales, then they are not going to be super clear with you because they make commision on their sales. I would chat in to Verizon customer care, they do not make commission, they do not have any incentive to lie, and it is much easier than trying to call in. They will be able to sort out your promotion to see what is going on.

Also with the 650 switch offer, it is up to 650, they do not guarantee that you will get this amount, only that it is possible under the correct conditions that you can.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To anyone having this (non) problem:

The terms of the promotion are clearly spelled out online. You should ALWAYS read the full terms of any promotion BEFORE accepting it. ESPECIALLY if you want to get the promotion in full. Should the rep tell you everything? Sure but where is customer accountability anymore? You can't just assume what the promotion is by reading the headline. There is a book series called The Hunger Games. Did you assume it was about hungry people playing board games? Honestly, if you could find this place to make a public complaint, you could have found the website with the promotion's details.

Switch Carriers to Verizon & Get Up To $650 | Verizon Wireless

Click Redeem this offer and get the following information:

Verizon Wireless National Rewards Center

Then you can see the FAQs which tell you EVERYTHING about this promotion.

https://switch.yourwirelessswitchcenter.com/faqs/

ASIMMONS0798

Yep,  they got me too. Now T- Mobile wants there $400+ while giving me $73 on a gift card that's taking 2 months to send.  Oh yea,  the $400 i thought i was getting is being spread over 24 months to my Verizon bill??? Wow

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you read the terms o the promotion before accepting the promotion?

Please note, I am not asking you what any rep in store or on the telephone told you. I want to know if you read the terms of the promotion for yourself BEFORE deciding to accept it.

0 Likes
JOELOZ82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have been scamed, @ the time of my promotion. They told me that I get $650 per line to switch. But at the same time they had another totally separate promotion that if I bought a 2 Note 8 and traded my 2 galaxy8 plus I get a $480 credit towards my line in $20 dollar installments. I said ok that's sounds good. Keep in mind these are 2 separate promotions at the time. So at the end I just receive $170. And I'm stuck in collection for the remains balance from t-mobile.

And yes I read the terms and it said just that $650 per line to swith. And depending on the phone you trade you get $480 in credit towards your me cell mine being the note 8. So I did fight it and I'm getting the $650 but the $480 is getting taken away. So now I'm back to paying $280 for 2 lines

When in the beginning I was at about $190 or so

Also the cell phone insurance when up.

So yeah I'm switching to a different service.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

JOELOZ82 wrote:

I also have been scamed, @ the time of my promotion. They told me that I get $650 per line to switch. But at the same time they had another totally separate promotion that if I bought a 2 Note 8 and traded my 2 galaxy8 plus I get a $480 credit towards my line in $20 dollar installments. I said ok that's sounds good. Keep in mind these are 2 separate promotions at the time. So at the end I just receive $170. And I'm stuck in collection for the remains balance from t-mobile.

And yes I read the terms and it said just that $650 per line to swith. And depending on the phone you trade you get $480 in credit towards your me cell mine being the note 8. So I did fight it and I'm getting the $650 but the $480 is getting taken away. So now I'm back to paying $280 for 2 lines

When in the beginning I was at about $190 or so

Also the cell phone insurance when up.

So yeah I'm switching to a different service.

You can't take 2 promotions. That is common sense. If you think some other carrier will let you do that well good luck with that. Let's face it you left someone else for a REASON.

0 Likes
JOELOZ82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I left T-mobile because verizon if better in coverage I won't deny that. Plus that's is what the promotion was at the time. Now they pull this <<removed>>. The second promotion was on the cell phone so if I trade my galaxy 8 I get that credit. It never said if you take this promotion. We won't give you that one. I called verizon 2 time because I tough it was to good to be true.

And yes said said exactly what the promotion said.

We have the 650 switcher promotion and also if you trade your cell phone mine being the galaxy 8 plus I get 480 cedit.. they told me the same thing that the promotion stated. They did not honor it. Had that been tru and they tell me that I can only choose one you get your <<removed>>I would have said NO thanks.. Now I'm collection because you dumb <<removed>> sales people and reps just so they can get a sale. They will tell you anything

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
JOELOZ82
Enthusiast - Level 2

HERE IS THE NOTE 8 PROMOTION..

NO WHERE ON HERE DOES IT SAY IT WILL AFFECT THE $650 SWITHER. Which was also stated by the rep. That I would get $650 to switch on top of this promo for getting the Note 8.

Get up to 50% off with select trade-ins.

Buy a Samsung Galaxy Note8 with monthly device payments.

Trade in one of the devices below:

Trade in: And get:

iPhone 7

iPhone 7 Plus

Pixel XL

LG G6

Moto Z Force

Galaxy S8

-------Galaxy S8+

Galaxy S7

Galaxy S7 edge

Galaxy Note5

50% off (Save $480)

iPhone 6

iPhone 6 Plus

iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s Plus

Pixel

HTC 10

LG G5

LG V20

Moto Z Droid

Galaxy S6

Galaxy S6 edge

Galaxy S6 edge+

35% off (Save $336)

iPhone SE

HTC M9

LG G4

LG V10

Moto Z Play

Galaxy Note Edge

Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy S5

25% off (Save $240)

$960 device payment purchase req'd. Less up to $480 trade-in/promo credit applied over 24 months; promo credit ends when balance is paid or line terminated; 0% APR.

So at the end of the day it does not matter.

The customer being be will always get screwed.

0 Likes