Does Anyone Care the Verizon Reps Lie?
KEILOE54
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son went to a Chicago area corporate store on Thursday, August 16. He was charged $17.50/month even though my son told the Chicago rep we had been told $10 month by the Roseville rep and the Web site. Later Thursday evening, I checked our account Web site that now advertised $17.50/month. The Chicago rep had updated our bill with the $17.50/month phone and with a line item  - Total Mobile Protect ANDRD for $11/month?

I took my documentation back to the Roseville store today, August 17. At the beginning of my conversation with a very polite rep, he told me that the Pixel $10 deal was still in place. He also told me that he would remove the unauthorized $11/month. He then went to check on the $17.50 charge and was gone for a very long time. When he came back, he was accompanied by the rep that originally quoted us $10/month on Sunday. This Sunday rep denied that he told us $10/month. He also attempted to convince me that I was wrong.

I was ticked and told them that I did not understand their business model. They really didn't seem to care and I went away so they are satisfied.

They lied and wasted my time. Verizon will get an additional $180+ from us over the next two years. I highly doubt that my husband and I will upgrade our phones after this upgrade experience for our son. The way I feel right now, I can't imagine that we will stay with Verizon in the future. I can't believe this is a good business practice that increases the bottom line for Verizon?

Labels (1)
Re: Does Anyone Care the Verizon Reps Lie?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KEILOE54, it would definitely sadden us to see you go elsewhere. So sorry to learn of this experience you have had. Since your son bought the phone on August 16th, and if you're not happy with the terms, then you do have an option to return the device back to that specific store under the 14-day worry free guarantee policy.

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KEILOE54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not satisfied with the answer. We don't have all of the extra time to keep running to the Verizon store. I don't trust anything at the store now.

I received an email about a phone call that was never made to us after a customer survey I completed. It is a ne-reply email and the mailbox of the phone number provided is not set up. I don't understand your business model at all. 

Is it the normal practice that the data transfer of setting up a new phone is charged as monthly data usage? I don't think that has ever happened before?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@KEILOE54

We definitely don’t want you to feel this way and please know that we do value your business and your time. I don’t want you to have to return his new device as well. Let’s figure this out together.

What exactly were these monthly charges for?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEILOE54
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Total Protect $11 charge has been removed so that was a good start.

The Verizon site and a confirmation at the Verizon store was that the Pixel monthly cost was $10/month if purchased before 8/30. The Chicago store charged $17.50 a month. Went back to Verizon store and was told $10/month. When I told them we are being charged $17.50, the rep disappeared for a long time. Two reps came back and told me it was $17.50 a month and I heard and read wrong. I am not satisfied and I have sent a complaint letter.

Can you tell me if it is the standard operating procedure to charge the data for setting up a new phone to a user's account? This seems wrong but a big chunk of our monthly data was used to set up the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@KEILOE54

Again, I am terribly sorry for any inconveniences this upgrade process has caused you and your family. Please know that we want to ensure we are always providing you the stellar service you deserve and that we are selling with integrity.

Although I’m glad to learn the Total Mobile Protection insurance coverage charges were corrected on your account, and the proper discount promotional credits were explained, I am concerned about the unexplained data set up charges. Can you provide me more details about this charge? Was this charged in the store? What was the amount? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kboi82
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same complaint. Ive actually said that im going to not renew and was told "Well thats your choice, sir" Too big to care. The thousands of dollars some people pay a year just to communicate is just a drop in their bucket. They can afford to lose the money that is in my mind being extorted from their customers who have no choice but to cough up to stay connected. The fact that it is all legal, constantly questioned about, and still allowed is really infuriating. At the end of the day its about being a smarter consumer. Not a lesson I will be ignorant to again.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes