Does Mobile Email use data?
Cgold17

I have the Samsung Rogue with the 9.99 data plan. If I were to get Mobile Email would it charge me data for every email. If so, how fast would would that data add up? I hear that 25mb gets used up really fast and I dont want to go over. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does Mobile Email use data?
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Mobile Email is considered data usage, therefore it will use up data from your data package. Megabyte usage depends on several things such as how long you are using the mobile email app and how large the email received and sent are so it would hard to determine how fast that data usage would add up.

0 Likes
Footslogger
Hey Brittany ...we're not talking Mobile Web E-mail here ....we are talking about the Mobile E-mail App on the phone. My converations with Verizon reps has revealed that "Moble E-mail" (NOT Mobile Web access to E-mail) does NOT go against your data package. I'm thinking that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is talking about ....just sayin'
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

blamiya1 wrote:

Mobile Email is considered data usage, therefore it will use up data from your data package.

Yes, please clear up my understanding (or misunderstanding) of this....if I pay $5 for the Mobile Email app (without a data plan) isn't all my data usage to use the app covered by that $5?  Or am I charged an additional $1.99/MB while using the Mobile Email app?  That hardly seems right.

I understand any data used OUTSIDE the Mobile Email app will be charged at $1.99/MB, or count against my 25 BM if that is the plan I have, I'm only talking about the data used to access my email with Mobile Email - I thought that data was part of the $5 Mobile Email?????

0 Likes