Does Verizon even care about customer loyalty anymore?
immto
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't believe this and I don't think I'm wrong either. Verizon has structured their new plans in such a way we are screwed no matter what we do.  I currently have an older best of Everything Plan with 3 lines.  2 are still on "Edge" plans and 1 is paid in full.  I'm currently getting a $25 discount for each of the "Edge" line which means my line access is $15. The Paid in full line is $40.  The plan is $70.  They want me to change to a "new Plan" and say I'll save $16.66 per month.  Which Is actually more like $10 because 2 of my lines will actually cost more.   But here is where it gets really scary. 

If I were to take the deal I get a $408 phone, for 99.99, (If I choose a new 2 year contract) so I would save $308, but Verizon is going to turn around and charge me an additional $480 (Because the line access fee goes up from $20 to $40 if you don't have a payment plan), so I don't save anything. OR... I take the new Plan which saves me 10-16 per month, They say $16.66 but I think it's closer to $10 but the payment plan means I pay $408 for the phone. so I save $399 but pay $408. And that $399 is actually probably $240.  So either way I pay more.  I've gone around and around on this with at least 3 different Verizon reps and they will not budge, nor will they even admit that I end up paying more no matter how I go. Customer loyalty is worthless I guess. 

Labels (1)
Re: Does Verizon even care about customer loyalty anymore?
VDPszonek
Enthusiast - Level 1

To answer your question, no they do not care.  My VzW account was hacked and an iPad mini was ordered and shipped to a state I don't even live in!  The hackers also were able to change my calling plan.  This happened in mid July.  After weekly calls to Verizon lasting at least an hour +, I decided to write a letter and send it to Ronan [Removed] in the Basking Ridge, NJ office.  That was on Oct. 25 - and still no response!

Monday I received a call from a "Chelseaa" whom I've been trying to call back now for 2 days, also to no avail.

After 22 years of being a loyal customer, I'm so done.  Bad or poor customer service does not even begin to describe what I would call it.  I'm so angry, I even cancelled my iPhone 7.

Thank god my contract expires in Jan. 2017 - AT&T, here i come!

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We absolutely care you remaining our valued customer, immto. I’d like to be sure we clear everything up regarding your plan and phone options so I’ve sent you a Private Message here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to continue.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Of course if you get a new phone, one way or the other you will pay the full price for that phone.  You do not need to buy a new phone every 2 years.  This is a big reason people pay so much.  Before the cost of the phone was cooked into the rates, but now it is much more evident how much all these new olives every two years costs you. 

If if you just switch plans, you don't need to get a new phone.  As your other lines come off device payments, switching to the Verizon plan makes more and more financial sense for you. 

Even now, being slightly net ahead, you should switch.  Plus you will get overage protection with safety mode and carryover of data for 1 extra month.  Just hold off getting phones until you really need one.  Then buy outright if you can, it on payment plan.  Buying on 2 year contract rarely makes sense with the Verizon plan even though the phone seems cheaper, as you have calculated already. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

What does it have to do with caring or not caring?

Verizon is a business.  They are responsible to their stock holders.  They also must adapt to the changing times.  The profit margin on phones is smaller than it used to be.  In order to stay in business all carriers (T-mobile was first) the service and equipment both must be paid for.

The alternative was all carrier would have to raise line fees to $50 each to cover cost of phones. 

Sprint looks like a bargain?  Not if you look at the actual costs on contracts with them.  Line fees on lower data plans are $45 a month, and you pay almost half the phone cost up front.

One way or another you pay for your Phone and service.  

0 Likes
adr1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

Listen, the Device Payment Plan is the best option, unlike the 2 year you have no interest, and you can upgrade at anytime you want on the DPP as long as you buyout your phone to pay it off in 24 months, with DPP your line access fee is only 20$ a month vs $40 a month with 2 year. and realistically now that we have the new Verizon plan, most plans that are not the New Verizon plan actually cost you more in the long run. But you have to realize with technology growing at a rapid rate, all businesses must up their game whether or not you like it. all other companies are the same in those terms. so you can either grow up and not upgrade your phone and move on or you can just upgrade and get with the times. the more tech grows the more demand companies get, which means the more companies will deliver to keep consumers happy. even at the cost of whiny customers. take your business elsewhere if you do not like Verizon.

sincerely,

a happy customer on the New Verizon Plan.

immto
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did as you request, but you'll be the 4th Rep I've talked with.  I guess we'll see what you have to say. 

0 Likes
immto
Enthusiast - Level 3

How long have you been a wireless user?  It used to be common understanding that agreeing to a contract meant you got a benefit.  Anyone who has been using wireless for more then a few years knows that.  The carriers are getting more and more stingy.  First unlimited, didn't mean unlimited anymore, now it does again, sort of...  And why are these phones so expensive?  What is the actual invoice cost, what is the cost?  I have a feeling there is some funny business going on here.  

immto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you know what the profit margins are?  Because I've done some actual research on this and found that profit margins on high end smart phones in some cases is over 200%  compare this to Porsche who sells high end cars, their profit margin is 20%.  I think the only reason companies like Samsung, Apple and LG are able to keep this up is because we have been too stupid.  We have not yet started demanding answers to the question, how much does this phone actually cost?  And now the carriers have determined that so many people wlll line up to pay out the nose for a "new phone", that they can start charging us full price and we won't bat an eye, they roll it into some fancy sounding payment plan and make it seem like it's a good deal, when it's really not.    

immto
Enthusiast - Level 3

So many problems with your comment, where do I begin.  First of all, the 2 year contract only costs more, because they raise the rate.  The service isn't costing them more, they are providing the same service whether you pay $20 or $40, they are just deciding to charge you more, it's that simple.  That is at the heart of my initial issue, is there value in customer loyalty or not?  It used to be, you got a benefit it you stayed with a carrier, but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

Next, technology always improves and essentially becomes less expensive.  You make it sound like it's costing them more and more as technology grows "at a rapid rate".  that means chips, and LCD screens and parts, become cheaper to manufacture, not more expensive...

"Upgrade and get with the times"?  [Removed]

"the more tech grows the more demand companies get"  Are you familiar with a term Supply and Demand?  Yes, the companies will deliver more as demand goes up, but unless supply falls, the price should also fall.  There is no shortage of Galaxy phones, or iPhones, anyone who wants one can have one today, So why does the price keep rising?  Something is not right about this.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator