Does Verizon train it's employees to lie?
Treenorth1999

I'm struggling with staying with Verizon. Our issues started a year ago. My son had to have his phone replaced by Aurian and were reassured by the Verizon Customer service that in no way would that effect his upgrade. At the time we were a a few payments away from the upgrade. We were told we could still utilize the upgrade. NOPE. Apparently even after reassurance we were told since it's is a different id number we can not upgrade the device. [Removed].  Fast forward a couple months. For six months I was calling Verizon off and on because when speaking with people they kept telling me my voice was all muffly and smooshy.  Like  I was holding my finger over speaker.  Verizon said "everyone you are speaking with must not have HD voice. This of course was not true. Most of my friends and family use Verizon and after checking they had same HD feature.

I was only able to talk using speaker phone or no one could understand me. Finally I asked Verizon if I could use my son's upgrade. I explained everything and they said sure no problem. I drove to Verizon store and they said NOPE. Customer service was wrong.

I call Verizon and they say talk to I.T again. We need to verify the phone problems and then we will send you another phone. (refurbished)

So two hours later they say. Ok will send out a phone.

I get the phone and within two days I notice the batter dies very quickly. I call Verizon and they say every refurbished phone goes through a checklist and your phone is fine. NOPE. I take it to the APPLE store and they run diagnostics. The employee said are you sure this is refurbished ?  Wondering why he asked he starts pointing out things like the non apple replacement screen and wait for it....the battery was draining because it had been charged 399 times! [Removed].  I at this point am furious. I get home call Verizon and after another lenghty customer service talk and I.T talk where they said Apple was wrong and this was all impossible They agree to send me another phone.  Friday comes and NO PHONE.

[Removed].  I call Verizon. Record of the whole thing but the customer service person somehow forgot to put in the freaking order. I'm now on like two weeks with a non working phone.  During this process my husband who had recently suffered two strokes and seizures had an emergency situation and my phone was DEAD!!!!!!!  I freaked out. Like totally lost it.  I ran to get his phone whichi was charging in another room to call 911.

My phone was plugged in and still not able to charge.

When I called customer service I got lots of apologies and an offer to credit me $20.  I spoke with a great guy. I believe his name was Mark.

He was very sweet and put in order for next refurbished phone. (p.s this one sucks as well but I'm just tired of dealing with the dishonesty when I call Verizon.)

The cherry on the cake is while Mark was sweet. I was very clear on not sending phone to my home and not requiring a signature as we live on a busy walking street.  Imagine my surpise when I was working an hour away and got a your phone was delivered text! OMG.   Just tired and wish Verizon was a compnay I could trust.  I've been to busy but at this point I am researching new carriers in our area. We ahve gotten a couple offers to move over to At and T. 

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon train it's employees to lie?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Treenorth1999,

The last thing we want is to see you leave our family. We apologize for the experience you had with this transaction and want to provide a resolution. Since receiving the replacement phone, has it performed correctly? What exactly was said when you attempted to purchase a new phone for your son?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Treenorth1999

When I called to upgrade my son's phone I was told no problem and I asked about shipping to po box or store they said they could not and so I said I would order through Apple store or Verizon store.

The next day I drove to Apple store in a neighboring community and was told I needed to turn off my sons phone first unless I go to a Verizon store that they couldn't do the upgrade without his phone there but Verizon could.  I went to Verizon store and after a lenghty line I was told I could not upgrade because from the records they could see his phone was not the orignial phone (we had used insurance months before and was told it would NOT effect the upgrade when we reached 50% of his balance. I went home and called and Verizon was very unaplogetic. They then told me I could transfer his upgrade if I wanted since my phone was original (at the time it was) Repeat same verizon store said NOPE can't transfer this kind of upgrade. Yikes. Soon after we had the issues with my phone and the replacement phones being faulty. Very very frustrating. I think another big issue is while I would be trying to get help with our phones I was always given an upsell talk. It drove me nuts. All we want are working phones and feel like we can trust your company. This is why I'm not sure if we are staying with Verizon. All the running around and being told different things was very frustrating and then paying my $350 bill on time every month and not feeling appreciated as a customer.

Hope that makes sense.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't understand why you keep saying his phone was not able to be upgraded because it wasn't the original phone.

Are you trying to upgrade him on the yearly iPhone program and get him out of one iPhone into a newer iPhone? If so, an Asurion replacement is an acceptable trade in for that to happen.

As far as your phone (basically any Apple phone), if you are within the first year you should ALWAYS take it to an Apple store for warranty issues. That is first and foremost. You can always purchase the AppleCare which will provide extended support from Apple for the device. You must purchase this for each device.

Apple certainly should be able to upgrade your son's phone if the system allows it.

Did you ever use the upgrade from another line to get your son the current phone he has?

0 Likes