Does call forwarding still work if I turn off my phone?
Jyoung13

I use the *71 call forwarding and noticing that when my phone is off it doesn't forward. I imagined that when the phone is off it would work the same as if I didn't answer it. This is to work that way and hasn't been working that way recently. Any insuggtbwould be great! Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Does call forwarding still work if I turn off my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The calls should still forward if the phone is off. Do you get messages and missed calls when you turn the phone back on? 

-Vanessa

0 Likes
Jyoung13

Hi Vanessa! Yes messages to cone through after inpower it back-up. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jyoung13! I am here and happy to help ensure call forwarding is set up exactly as you need. *71 is used ONLY when your line is busy or on another line.*72 is traditional call forwarding- this will work when your device is off, in airplane mode, or out of service range. Check out this link: https://www.verizon.com/articles/call-forwarding-everything-you-need-to-know/ for more information. Could you please tell me, have you tried activating call forwarding by using *72 and dialing the 10 digit number you wish to forward your calls to? If yes, does this issue persist (calls not forwarding when off, etc)? 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the head-up, Jyoung13. It good that the messages came through after doing the power cycle of the device. Did you use the step of dialing *71(send) and then in putting a number you want to have the calls forwarded to? If so, call forwarding would be enabled and the calls would go to that other number you specified.  Does this help? -Ed

0 Likes