Does the Novatel T2000 wireless home phone device still download updates?
dm2850

I recently purchased Verizon Wireless Home service.  Based on poor reviews about the current LVP2 device and the good reviews about the Novatel T2000 device I opted to use the Novatel device.  I also bought the LVP2 device as well so I could compare them.  Indeed, in my opinion the Novatel T2000 is better quality.

However, the Novatel T2000 device I have is running 1.5.4.001 software and the latest update is 1.5.8.001 software from Oct 2019.  I have not experienced any of the problems the 1.5.8.001 update claims to fix.  But I would like to have the latest update on my device.  I was told that the update should automatically download but that hasn't happened after 3 days.

I called Verizon Tech support twice and both times they were somehow able to send an update to my device but it did not receive the update.  Is it possible that because this device is not the current one it's just not possible to update it?  Is there a manual way that I can update it myself?  The LVP2 does have a "search for updates" option.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Does the Novatel T2000 wireless home phone device still download updates?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device has the latest and greatest updates installed on it, dm2850. I see the current software is 1.5.8.001. You can learn more about the updates here as well, http://spr.ly/6601HCzpP. Have you attempted a soft reset on your device to see if the software is available after, http://spr.ly/6602HCzpu?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
dm28501

Thank you.  I wound up porting in a number from AT&T wireless and for some reason that triggered  my Novatel T2000 device to update.  But before that it was running the older software and just would not update for months.  But whatever works.  At least I have the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like everything is working now. That's great. If you need anything, we're here.*Melissa

0 Likes