Does verizon has issues with Zelle?
darakuraica
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to register my verizon number on my zelle/ chase bank and it is not letting me, it is saying it is not a valid mobile number ( as if it was a google generator one), and I am not able to use my number with zelle, is this a common error?   Already called zelle, and chase seraparetly and they all said it was a provider issue, maybe it has restrictions or verizon and zelle dont work together anymore. Just looking for answers here, thanks in advance!

Re: Does verizon has issues with Zelle?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

darakuraica, 

Thank you for those details. We want to point you in the right direction for assistance. This isn't a common issue on our network. Let's take a closer look into this. Did you port your mobile number to our network from another wireless carrier? Have you tried using an email address to set up Zell with Chase Bank? 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
AC81

I also had this issue and did transfer from another carrier. I tried to register with email, but most contacts only have cell number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, AC81 and we'll be glad to help here. Is this an issue with receiving short code notifications as well from Zelle or your bank?

- Alan

0 Likes
joeweezy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same issue with setting it up with USAA. It gives me an error saying:

Mobile Number Not Eligible

This contact can’t be enrolled with Zelle®. Only U.S. mobile numbers serviced by a U.S. mobile carrier are eligible. Landlines, Google Voice and other Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) numbers are also not allowed.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@joeweezy wrote:

I'm having this same issue with setting it up with USAA. It gives me an error saying:

Mobile Number Not Eligible

This contact can’t be enrolled with Zelle®. Only U.S. mobile numbers serviced by a U.S. mobile carrier are eligible. Landlines, Google Voice and other Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) numbers are also not allowed.

What does USAA Technical Support or Zelle Technical Support say?  I would start there.  If they say they're getting a rejection from Verizon then call Verizon Technical Support.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!