Don't fall for the rebate scam- class action lawsuit
Tracey218
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ported in 2 new lines based on the baseless lie that I would receive two $200 Visa gift cards. It was THE reason in switching to Verizon. not one but two sales representatives at the brainerd Minnesota store told us that we would qualify for the $200 gift cards. When we sent in our submissions for the gift cards we found out three weeks later that are $500 phones were actually $50 less than the price we needed to pay to qualify. This is false advertising and fraud to say the least. Who else is involved in the class action lawsuit?I was also told that Verizon customer service is the best around by the same two Representatives at the store however I have got nothing but run around, being placed on hold, switched to several different departments and then spoken to by someone who clearly didn't care and told me that I didn't meet the specifications for the offer. This needs to be taken care of immediately. I truly regret switching to Verizon.

Re: Don't fall for the rebate scam- class action lawsuit
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

You bought 2 $500.00 phones?!?!?!

Are they Obama phones?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to hear this and we are so very sorry for the inconvenience Tracey218. When were the phones purchased? What are the make and model of the devices?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
jpvh77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I brought 3 lines over and was supposed to get a $250/line rebate. I never received it and have called in about 5 times to straighten it out. I get transferred from team to team and eventually disconnected, without getting the rebate. The last person said that i'd missed registering the rebate, which I'd never hear before, but was disconnected when transferring to a supervisor. 

Verizon clearly count on these rebate and twofer scams as a way of doing business.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpvh77, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you are receiving the rebate that you qualify for is always important. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

0 Likes