Don't order a new cell phone with customer service on phone or via internet
Lulamyrtle

How many of you have been straight up lied to when ordering phone, after order is placed there is nothing a global company such as Verizon can do to correct their mistake? I am disabled and purchased a new note 3 paying over $360.00 upfront if I would receive the phone next day. I ordered it Wednesday and was promised Fed Ex delivery no later then Friday. I stressed this several times. I was told it would be sent next day air and would receive it Friday at the latest. I am going in for treatment Monday and basically purchased the phone to have a new electronic device to use while away. Today I receive all their legal junk and the additional 2 years to the contract but no tracking info. I call Verizon and spoke to three managers whom state there is nothing they can do but speak to the employee whom did not ship the phone next day. I offered to have someone drive me to a Verizon store to pick up the phone but was told I would have to pay for the phone again which would be almost $800.00 total out of pocket for a problem I did not cause and they would give me the money for the first phone on one of their gift cards. Then I asked could you cancel the phone you sent through FedEx and send another next day so I would receive it tomorrow? They gave me the same song and dance they needed the other phone in their possession even though I would have never received the phone. She asked if I wanted to pay for another phone and wait for a refund for the first one. The customer service is terrible. She gave me a $20.00 credit for my trouble. I gave two solutions to solve the problem. I would have never purchased the phone as I wanted something to take my mind off my treatment. Customers make a company and I don't see Verizon staying around in the next two years. Sprint is buying out the contracts and their service is much less. I don't even have Verizon service at my home. Another lie they told me to get me in their contract then when I tried to return the phones the next day all they could say was they will issue a service ticket. I hope most if you will look at how poor and disgusting their customer service is. They lie constantly. It's time we as consumers take our business to someone who cares about their customers not lies to them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Don't order a new cell phone with customer service on phone or via internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lulamyrtle, I do thank you for bringing this experience to our attention and we do want to make sure this does not happen going foward. We do work hard to make sure the orders are placed correctly and do apologize for the run-around that you experienced. I do hope that you are now able to enjoy that great new device while you are going through treatment as I do agree, it is a great idea to have something to keep your mind off the procedure you are going through. Thanks again for being the best part of Verizon Wireless and do hope you keep us as we do work hard to provide the most reliable and best service around.

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sandyjo

Ha that a bunch  bull to   I been lied  to through all week   I was just pricing   Them it took my and order  and I still wating for  my visa to be credited for the of phone that was returned  so I m to been lied to 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sandyjo, I'm sorry to hear that you feel you've been lied to. Once an order is returned, our warehouse will scan the equipment and check it for damages. As long as it was returned within 14 days and in good condition, you'll receive credit for it. If on a credit card, it can take 1-2 credit card billing cycles to apply, but is normally much quicker.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes