Dropped Calls, Reduced Service, Loss of Signal Strength
DRS_FAMILY

I have lived at my current location in North Georgia for 16 years and the cell service has become unusable due to constantly dropped calls and poor signal strength just in the past 2 months, where it used to be much better.  We live in a full 3G coverage area where our service was always adequate before.  I have Verizon and my husband has AT&T, and I have always been able to brag that I had better service than he did -- until recently.  All of a sudden I now have constant dropped calls, the people on the other end can hear me but I can't hear them, my signal strength has dropped and degraded to where I can't hardly use my phone any more in my home.  Now Verizon tells us that we need a signal booster where we never needed it before. So they sent the signal booster, and I still have the problems for incoming calls, because the incoming calls don't always connect through the booster.  It's become a joke to remain with Verizon's service.  Our research has shown us that numerous other people in the Atlanta and North Georgia area are having similar problems, and Verizon doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.  One thing is certain, Verizon has done something to reduce their signal strength and/or change how they provide their service, and it has definitely degraded. Even ex-Verizon customers have suggested that Verizon is selectively reducing service to some areas in order to save money, because a stronger signal strength costs Verizon more money, and they are using this as one way to reduce their costs.  I am so unhappy with Verizon that I am seriously considering changing my service to AT&T for better service, and my phone is unlocked, so I can easily do that.  Verizon needs to start listening to their customers and fixing the problem, or people like me that have been long-time loyalists of Verizon will change to other carriers.  I am suggesting to others that you start using the power of your purse like Clark Howard suggests and research other providers.  I will probably change carriers unless Verizon fixes this problem immediately.  It happened suddenly, and it can certainly be fixed suddenly. Verizon needs to return to the days when they were listening to their customers and start fixing the problem and return to their better signal strength or it will lose their market share. I'm not usually one to post complaints and put things up on a forum, but this problem is ridiculous and not getting any attention at Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls, Reduced Service, Loss of Signal Strength
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, DRS. FAMILY,
I appreciate you for messaging us here and bringing your concerns to us. I know how important it is to make sure you have reliable service at all times. I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing dropped calls and fluctuating signal. This is never the experience we want you to have. It's vital that you're able to hear your calls that are coming to you. We don't want you to feel that you're no longer able to rely on us and being able to keep you as a customer is our top priority. Your business is important to us, and we don't want to see you leave us. Let's get down to the bottom of this. Where exactly are you having the issues? Please provide me with the Zip code and the nearest intersections you're having the trouble. How far do you have to travel in order for your service to improve? Are you having trouble indoors or outdoors?

JenniferL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls, Reduced Service, Loss of Signal Strength
DRS_FAMILY

I’ve spent hours with your technicians on the phone, and their solution was to send me a booster. Problem occurs mostly in and around my home, and the booster has NOT helped. My zip code is 30513, nearest intersections are Dry Branch Road and Eaton Road. I am 5 miles from the city, and service improves somewhat there. I hope this answers your questions.

D. Smith

0 Likes