Dropped Calls in 98119
RSmut

I live in Seattle, WA (zip 98119), have a 6 month old HTC One, and am having a horrible time with dropped calls. I've been using Verizon for over a decade and have never had an issue with dropped calls. However, since moving to Seattle in July 2013 I've been dropping more and more calls. I work from home and use my cell as my primary number. I drop calls all over the house (upstairs, downstairs, in the driveway). I can literally be in the exact same spot and have not moved the phone (using a headset) and randomly the call will just drop. I'll drop calls after 5 minutes, 10, 20, 30, 40 minutes. It doesn't matter. Some "spots" I know not to walk through, but others seem totally random. I've tried taking my cover off (Otterbox) and updating the service (*228). Neither helped. There is a tower less than a mile away. Does any one else have issues with dropped calls in Seattle? Have you figured out any way to help them (i.e. network extender, a blue-tooth enabled home phone...)? I'd really rather not switch companies at this point in time, but if service doesn't get any better, I don't see how I can stay with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls in 98119
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RSmut we understand the importance of having reliable service, especially for business purposes. We truly apologize for the trouble you're experiencing and the inconvenience that this has caused. Your business is very important to us and we definitely don't want you to co consider switching. We'll get right to work to see what is causing the trouble. The area is clear so lets dive deeper. Since you now have a 4G device *228 no longer works, rather the sim controls the connection. Has it ever been replaced? Do you have trouble outside of your home area?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls in 98119
RSmut

Hi Ashley, thanks for the response! I just got the phone in October and have only used the sim card that comes with it. The employees at the Verizon Wireless store at 1827 15th Ave W, 98119 set it all up for me. Calls do drop outside of my house, but not as frequently (though, that could partly be because when I am on the phone, it is 75% inside my house).

Thanks for the help. I'm really looking forward to getting this all fixed!

0 Likes