Dropped Calls
mcgettge
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past few weeks, my phone has been dropping calls in the same place almost every night. I've been commuting the same path for 2+ years and only in the last month or so have i experienced a problem. My phone works normally everywhere except for about 1/4-1/2 mile stretch. How can I get this area reviewed / corrected back to the previous level of service?

Brooke Rd, Radnor, PA

40°01'34.5"N 75°23'46.9"W

40.026236, -75.396358

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcgettge, I appreciate the coordinates and making us aware of this recent issue with dropped calls in this stretch of road. At times, our network will periodically change and can cause some issues such as this. I know dropped calls is the last thing you want and I'll be glad to see how we can help correct this service issue going forward.

Just to confirm, what make and model phone do you have? I regret to say I couldn't pull up the coordinates provided. I can see Radnor, PA has multiple zip codes, can you please confirm the zip code this stretch of road is located in? Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mcgettge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure of the zip code, looks like the border of 19085 & 19087. it's an area that I drive through daily. I'm using an iPhone 6. The location is Brooke Rd between Ravenscliff Rd & Darby Paoli Rd.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for that information. We understand that experiencing dropped calls while driving in these locations can be extremely inconvenient. We've reviewed the network in the area that you've provided to us, and we were not able to find any network issues being reported.

We would recommend for you to perform a network settings reset on your device when you're in any of these locations, so you can make sure that your device is fully in sync with network, and that you don't experience any dropped calls. We've attached a link that will guide you through this process. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

Geovann_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mcgettge
Enthusiast - Level 2

To start, I've reported a network issue, so there is at least one. The dropped calls happen in one, and only one location. Has anyone from VZW placed a call and actually driven through the area?

The link doesn't work, "An unexpected error has occurred", but I did find through a Google search. I'd rather not delete all of my wifi networks and saved information as part of a guessing game. Also need to understand if this actually needs to be done in the area where the issue is occurring as there is not a safe place to stop a vehicle to perform these steps.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Well if you don't want to complete the troubleshooting steps the best option would be to select a different provider if there's one that offers better coverage for where you need it to resolve your issue

0 Likes
mcgettge
Enthusiast - Level 2

This response from deloused provides no value and does not answer the questions asked. I'm not sure why you felt the need to insert yourself into this post with nothing to offer.

Finding another wireless provider is definitely an option, especially when Verizon is charging premium prices and the service is failing to meet expectations. Pushing the problem back onto the customer should not be the first response if there has been no actual testing in the reported problem area.

mcgettge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reset network settings as requested, call still dropped last night.

What's the next step? vzw_customer_support

0 Likes
mcgettge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still waiting on a response here, it's been over a week. I completed the requested steps and still experiencing the dropped calls. Has anyone from VZW investigated?

vzw_customer_support

0 Likes
KATHRYN3775
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, excellent customer service.  I'm sorry you're dealing with it.  Any resolution?  I'm having same issue but in and around my home

0 Likes