Dropped calls inside the home
ALAROW3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just this last week I terminated my long term relationship with AT&T Wireless solely because of dropped calls inside our home and in the neighborhodo where we live.  We bought two new iPhone 8 and were assured that our dropped calls problems were over.  I have dropped an average of 4 calls a day all while WiFi calling was enabled.

Now Verizon is graciously sending me a 4G Network Extender (an almost identical 3G Microcell that ATT provided about 5 years ago) to help with my coverage issue.

My question is this device worth my time and effort or should I hasten back to Verizon while within my 14 day grace period and revert back to ATT or another carrier.  I am reading that Wifi calling is so much reliable that the Network Extender.  I haven’t received the NE yet but WiFi calling sure isn’t cutting it.  Your experiences would be greatly appreciated while I have time to run.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Dropped calls inside the home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALAROW3, it means the world to us that you chose Verizon as your carrier. Making sure you have reliable service is a priority. WiFi calling and our Network extender, are excellent choices that work with your high speed cable internet. All of our phones and accessories have a 14 day worry free guarantee. Please reply to our private message, for continued support.

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

did you put your phone in airplane mode first? Verizon favors cellular over wi-fi you basically have to have zero cell signal for wi-fi calling to kick in. if you were truly using wi-fi calling and had dropped calls that's an issue with your wi-fi and not Verizon

ALAROW3
Enthusiast - Level 2

To my knowledge I have never been told to go into Airplane mode in order to use WiFi calling. I understood that if the cellular was weak the handset would automatically go to WiFi without any user action. I’ll try the AMode next time.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
ALAROW3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I don’t prefer to take another day out of my life to cancel everything I’ve done. I even traded in my handset on the new ones. I’ll try to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know that your time is valuable. I am glad to hear you are receiving a Network Extender. If there is anything else we can help with at this point, please let us know. Thanks for being the best part of Verizon.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALAROW3
Enthusiast - Level 2

As soon as I receive the device, get it installed, and have a day or two to check the performance I will advise my wishes then.

Thanks for at least being sensitive to my unique situation. I do appreciate that ..

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
ESPO1ST

I am still getting dropped calls on wi fi.  I had a iPhone 6+ now an 8, and it still happens.  my software is up to date and I keep re-setting my router.     does anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
ALAROW3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because we live in a fairly new home with “radiant barrier” in the roof I am told that it interferes with cellular signal.  Enabling Wifie calling did nothing to help.  If anything it hurt my reception.

I received the 4G Network Extender and went through the setup procedure.  I found out the hard way that the admin password on the webpage is wrong.  Be sure and read the enclosed pamphlet.  It contains the correct admin password.

After setting up the 4G Network Extender I have not dropped a call yet.  I turned Wifi Calling off on my iphone and won’t be turning it back on ever.

Get VW to send you a Network Extender (Signal booster) and it should solve your issue.  It sure did mine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ESPO1ST, we definitely want to be part of the solution and keep you connected. To ensure we get to the root of the issue I do have a few questions. When did the issue with dropped calls on Wi-Fi begin? Who is your internet provider and what are your internet speeds? When you are not connected to Wi-Fi, do calls still drop? 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes