Re: Dropped calls,loss of signal strength during calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying, Joadflor. Is your current device up to date software-wise? What is the current software your device is using?

MatthewI_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joadflor
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened before and after updating to Apple iOS 11.4.1 and all appropriate updates as of last week.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely sense and relate to your urgency in gaining back a strong signal for calls and LTE access. I am definitely here to provide a long-lasting solution. I understand that you are in the NYC area. Please use the link to run a speed test and share your screenshot with me here: http://spr.ly/6582D7kkr

Please fill me with how frequent your calls are muffled and garbled.

How many miles from the 10006, 10065, 10023, and 10022 zip code do you have to travel for service to improve? When did the issue first begin?

Akane_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's good to hear, Joadflor! Have you attempted a Network Settings Reset? This would cause your device to reestablish its connection to our cellular network. This can be done following these steps:

> Go to Settings

> Tap General

> Tap Reset

> Tap Reset Network Settings

> If prompted, enter your Password

> Tap Reset Network Settings

Once that's done, your phone will restart, and reconnect to our network. Please keep in mind, that this will not delete any of your personal information or data, but may erase any saved Wi-Fi Networks or Bluetooth Accessories.

MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes
Lsn97

Me too same zip code. If this continues Verizon won’t be worth it anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That last thing I would want to see is for you to leave us, Lsn97. Let's work on finding a solution. I do see that there has been a number of different zip codes provided in this thread, can you clarify the nearest intersection and city where you're experiencing this issue? When did this issue first start happening? Any trouble with data or text messages?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
Amyouells
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does not look like it has been solved but we have 2 newer iPhone xs and before we could talk the whole 45 min commute...now we have to call back about 6 times. Service/signal strength is so bad we cannot use directions half the time or make a call with confidence. It use to be I could only use Verizon at home now it is every 5 word I hear even with WiFi bc our WiFi is terrible, but the only option we have. I could pay a lot less elsewhere for the way service has worked the last few months. I figured maybe the 5G coming might have been the issue but it is officially old!! If not figured out soon I will find another phone service provider u!!!!

0 Likes
fayemo

I am also having this issue. Zip code is 23838 but I am very near 23831.  I am sitting in my home, with my phone on the desk on speaker, not moving and I loose my call. This is happening multiple times a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would equally be upset if my phone calls dropped too, Fayemo.I am sure we will figure out what is going on with your service. I did review the area and do not see any outages. Is anyone else having this issue? How is your service when you go outside? Is your other services working? (data and text) AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Jack1938

29928 zip

I have an 11 and all calls in and out are dropping

0 Likes