Dropped calls.
Okay4kat
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have lived in our community in North Fayette Township, PA for 20 years and have had no problem with dropped calls (except for one dead spot down the road) for this time.  About 2 months ago it started that we are constantly dropping calls (the problem is only mobile calls).  It is terrible.  Good thing we have a landline phone or we would be in trouble in an emergency.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with different people at Verizon wireless, and they did send us a 4g network extender which does give us more bars on our phones but has only helped some (and depending on the day) with dropped calls.  Nobody has been able to give us a reason for the dropped calls.  I have learned that many people in our neighborhood are experiencing the same problem which started at the same time for everyone and all have called Verizon with no success.  I heard from somebody else that they are experiencing the exact same problem in Mt. Lebanon, PA.  I did hear (but not from Verizon) that the problem might be related to the switch to 5g.  Can anybody from Verizon tell us definitively what is going on and when we will be able to make calls on our cell phones again (which we pay for).   The dropping of calls is affective peoples lives and businesses.

0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having dropped calls Okay4kat. The extender will help around the home and the home area. LKet's take a look at the area. What zip code are you in? Does service improve outside?  -Joe

0 Likes
Okay4kat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, it is inside and outside of the house and multiple households (no problem for 19 years previously).  The zip code is 15057 and the community is Seabright.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for reaching out Verizon. We would be sending you a private note through this channel for further assistance! >Jose

0 Likes
CMM13

Same exact problem.  Along with at least 5 of my neighbors.  Replaced the phone. Added an extender.  I work from home.  I have to stand on my front lawn to make a call.  At least 5 sessions with tech.  Call dropped on last one….no call back. Was told to try a new SIM card.  Horrible.  It was fine 3 months ago.  Do I need a land line again? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a reliable connection, and be able to place calls. If you would like us to review this matter with you here, please feel free to leave us a Private Note here. We look forward to working with you soon!

*Robert

0 Likes
Okay4kat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I'm not sure what you did last year but the problem was resolved relatively quickly. Unfortunately, the problem returned again quickly this past week or so. None of us can make calls or it takes multiple attempts to make a call. If I am in my home, I can hear the person I am talking to but they cannot hear me. If I am not at home and I call a family member, they cannot call me and their voice sounds like it is on a wave. It is nearly impossible to work from home and use my mobile phone and it is a safety concern. This is for all phones using Verizon, both our personal mobile phones and my work mobile phone which is a Verizon phone. Please help. Thank you

0 Likes