Re: Dropped calls
stef7
Master - Level 2

Try forcing your phone to 3G.

0 Likes
JAMDUK12

I am at work and the only place that I have this problem is at home and around my neighborhood. It will be after five before Ian home if DerickR_VZW would have responded last week when he sent me the last measag y'all would know this. this has been going on for 4 weeks now and I am very disappointed with Verizon help cente.!if you canot resoleve this issue soon I wi find someone who will. Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
JAMDUK12

3G has five bars when not at home I have to go outside and 30to40 yards down the street to make a phone call. But have no problem with data wile at home. I told all of this to DerikR_VRZ. Latest week till he qui responding to my messag.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

When in and around your home, can you switch the device to 3G and call without it dropping, and sending data at reasonable speeds? That's what I'm suggesting you try.

0 Likes
JAMDUK12

Derik_k had me try this and it didn't help. the only place that this happens is in and around my hous. I still have to go 30-40 yards down the str to make a call. I have been veris for more than 20 years and have never had this problem.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

OK,

You aren't getting any real help are you?

I believe the following is true: an iPhone 5c will support certain 4G/LTE "bands". A more recent iPhone (like an iPhone 8, or X) will support other "bands". A band is a range of frequencies that the carrier uses to exchange information between a tower and a phone. You can think of your phone as a specialized 2-way radio, and if branded a Verizon device, is set up to speak/understand the radiowaves coming from and going to the tower(s) in your area.

I also believe, VZW is re-allocating their bands on their towers, perhaps modifying the signal levels, and also the pointing of their antennas. Why? I believe they are re-configuring their network for the future, the changing of protocols, frequencies, essentially cellular technology.

Some people with older technology phones (with built-in radios) are probably experiencing a sudden loss of service at their home, depending on so many factors and things I honestly don't understand completely, I couldn't explain it today if I tried. Maybe next week. Smiley Happy

At this point, I'd recommend the following experiment if you want to stay with Verizon: identify a co-worker or a neighbor with Verizon as their carrier AND an pretty recent phone: iPhone8 or X, or if you'd be willing to switch from the Apple OS to Android, a Samsung Galaxy 8, Pixel XL, or an LG V30.

Have them over to the house. Have them inside or outside make a call, surf the web. If they can do that, it's probable your phone doesn't support the bands / tower / antenna setup for the tower your phone is trying to connect to at your home.

JAMDUK12

This has no affect whatsoeve. And this is the only place that this happen. I do have this problem anywhere else but at home and have never had this problem over 29 years until 4 weeks ago

james duke

0 Likes
JAMDUK12

I have had friends with lphone 7 and 8 over and they have the same problem.

also have a friend with a galaxy through at&t and they don't have a proble. Also neighbors with at&t and they don't have any issues. This show me that Verizon has a problem somewher.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then vote with your wallet and switch.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMDUK12, your time is truly valuable and we understand how important it is to have reliable service in your home area. All of your efforts in this matter are truly appreciated and we do apologize if you have not yet received a response from your private message. I have personally sent you a new private message. Please respond to that message as we are here to help resolve your overall concern.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes