Dropping calls in Elk Grove, CA
smormad

My 4s and 5 both drop calls regularly in my house and neighborhood. Often the other person can't hear me and then it drops.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropping calls in Elk Grove, CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smormad,

A dropped call is not the name of our game! I'm definitely sorry to learn that you've been having trouble with this. We can certainly look further into this for you. When did this start happening? Does it primairily hapen indoors? I reviewed the area in general, and see that the coverage looks excellent there. Please share some additional details so we can assist further.

ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smormad

This happens both indoors and out and has been happening a lot more in the past 6 months. I can't get through any phone calls without it dropping several times. If you look at my call history you can see me calling the same number several times in a row in order to finish a call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional info, smormad! What zip code are you in? Does service improve when you leave your immediate area? Do others with VZW have this issue as well at your home? I'd like to help figure this out, so we can assist in resolving.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smormad

Yes, the other phone is a 5 on Verizon. Both phones don't have roblems outside of our home area. Zip is 95757.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smormad,

Thanks for the extra details. It's definitely possible that there may be some challenges or obstacles for the reception in the area if you are only noticing it here. As well, indoors coverages can be even more of a challenge due to the structure of a buidling as it would harder for the signal to penetrate. You mentioned that you have noticed this for the past 6 months. Have there been any recent changes in the area or even with your devices?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes