Dropping off a trade from an online order at a store
bailantilles
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do you offer the option of dropping off a trade in phone at a corporate store if when you get there the store will only print out a shipping label and send you on your way to a UPS store? The email states the store as the 'drop off location'. The store then says, yes, that is really misleading, and then they try to print out the UPS label and they can't even get that to work. If I would have known that was the case I would have waited and just done my transaction at an Apple Store when the had the phone I wanted in stock. They apparently are the only ones that have it together enough to actually have a satisfactory customer experience. Thank you Verizon for reminding me why I buy phones for your network at an Apple Store... along with all the peripherals.

Re: Dropping off a trade from an online order at a store
Mkstretch1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly! When I ordered my phone online with trade in option to drop off at a Verizon store. It said drop your phone off at the store and we’ll do the rest. Nonsense! I wasted my time going to the store waiting 30 mins for them to try and print the shipping label and then have me go to the UPS store! I could of just had the trade in supplies sent with my new phone and saved myself the trouble of going to a store where they had no clue how it even works!  I think our upgrade fee of $35 should be reimbursed for this inconvenience!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mkstretch1, 

We are so sorry for the trouble. I assure you it is never our intention to make things difficult for you. We will lift this feedback up to make sure this process is improved going forward. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Thered

I am seeing this post from Dec 2022. Now 1 year later Dec 2023 it is still the same case. Looks like Verizon does not want to improve customer service. I chat with the agent and confirmed a couple of times that I should be able to go to the store and give them the submission id and they will take care of the trade in phone. But when I went to the store it’s the same case.  They don’t know what to do and they say please contact customer service to have an empty box delivered to your home and ship the device. Waste of time. They should NOT charge upgrade fees if this is the level of customer service they are going to provide year after year. Where is the disconnect Verizon??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thered, we understand how important it is to be able to complete the trade in process and we are sorry to read that you have received conflicting information. The options on how to complete a trade in can vary based on the method of purchasing new equipment and what options are selected to complete the trade in process. How was your new equipment purchased (i.e. online, over the phone, in a store location)? If you have the submission ID for the trade in, you can also review the options for return on this website https://www.verizon.com/trade-in/ by searching the submission ID that you have for the trade in. Please let us know if we can assist further. 

-Andi

0 Likes