Re: EXTREMELY poor customer service. Goodbye Verizon.
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Heck, even smartphones and their apps are always warning you about the data usage required.

0 Likes
kphar0

What I meant was that I use to be able to go onlone pick the ringtone I wanted pay the fee and it would be sent to my phone. I did not have to download anything.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

When you didn't explain your simple problem, my radar went off.

Once again a customer on a 2 year contract wants an early upgrade due to a broken phone.  Or maybe just tired of the phone.   It has nothing to do with assuming another line.  It has everything to do with More Everything and Edge, which began about a year and a half ago.

You signed a 2 year contract for service in exchange for a phone.  Verizon has every right to hold you to that contract.  They are no longer offering early upgrades.  The cost of cell phones has risen so high that carriers are getting rid of subsidies and moving to no interest loans, or full price sales.

All carriers are clamping down.  No exceptions, no early upgrades.  Including ATT.

Early Edge, which is what you are trying to do, has strict requirements.  You must return the phone currently on that line in excellent shape and working.  If it isn't working, you will be billed $200-300 when it is inspected at the warehouse.

Edge is an installment purchase, subject to credit check.  Not everyone qualifies.

Dgilpin22

This is where you are wrong. I didn't want an early upgrade. I was offered, by two separate Verizon employees, an early upgrade. You are also wrong about cell companies not offering early upgrades anymore. I have been offered early upgrades by both Verizon and AT&T for the past six years. I didn't rant, rave, picket, or anything of the sort. I calmly expressed my issues and problems to each Verizon rep that spoke with me. I pay for a service, so yes I am entitled to what I've paid for. The includes excellent customer service and following through with offers and promises. Companies do take threats to switch to competitors very seriously. This is the reason for the departments devoted to preventing such things. Every major company had one. If you say otherwise, you are very misinformed.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes