Early Termination Fee Calculation?
Vouksh

Is there a way to know how much the ETF would be? I'm wanting to get my own line, separate from my mothers account. However, she's behind on her bill, so I can do a transfer of liability. I'd also like a new phone as well, since I'm extremely dissatisfied with my current phone. Plus, I have a job where I can get the 20% discount, so I'd like to take advantage of that as well.

Basically, my contract was started in October, 2011, and I want to know if I should just ride out the contract, or go ahead and cancel my line and open my own account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee Calculation?
Not applicable

You can do an AOL without paying an ETF. You won't get a new phone your contract will stay the same. If you started a contract in Oct 2011 you will eligible for a discount upgrade in June 2013.

If you really want to cancel your line then you wouldn't do an AOL you'd just have to sign up as a new customer after you cancelled the line since your name isn't on her bill. If you have a smartphone the ETF is $350 minus $10 a month for every month you have already finished on the contract. So that would be roughly $230. If you have a basic phone it would be $175 -$5 per month. Or about $105. If you went this route I'm not sure you could keep your same number.

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee Calculation?
Vouksh

Ok, thanks. From what you said, it would be best to just help her get her bill down and wait till June for the upgrade. Not really worth spending over $200 just to cancel my phone.

0 Likes