Early Upgrade to my first smartphone/received text message
jax05

I received a text today that said, "Upgrade early to a smartphone. call 800 735 6590 or visit a verizon store. 2 year agreement reqd. $30 upgrade fee applies." Oh yeah, lots of !!!!'s. I'm eligible 3/10/13

We have 5 lines with 2 smartphones already, I have a basic phone and I'm ready for a smartphone so is this legit? Does anyone have any experience with the process? Think I would get a better deal calling CS or going to a store?

I'm getting a droid not an iphone, but I'm not really sure about the data plan I would get. Also, is the price outrageous or do they give you the "online discount" price that you get when you upgrade regularly.

Basically, just wondering if anyone knows about this deal or if it's best to wait until March.

many thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early Upgrade to my first smartphone/received text message
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Verizon periodically offers this early upgrade to basic phone users interested in getting a smartphone. Read the terms carefully, but I've not heard of any drawbacks to taking advantage of this offer (besides signing a new contract and paying a $30 upgrade fee, of course).

I would go to a corporate Verizon store and try out some of the phones you're interested in. If the online price is better, you can go home and order online. (Though if someone in a store spends a lot of time helping me, I typically just buy it there.)

Enjoy your new phone!

0 Likes