Early Upgrade
Jacob_Antoun
Enthusiast - Level 1
Is it possible to upgrade your phone 5 months early. I have had many problems with my current original EnV. But verizon hasnt been able to do anything about it since its no longer in warranty. And i want to get the voyager but I cant because it says its not in my type of plan or something. Is there anything I can do to upgrade early and get the voyager. Please Help!
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: Early Upgrade
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2
You can always try with Customer Service. Also, check to see if you are Annual Upgrade Eligible.
0 Likes
Aim2Plz
Unfortunately, I am in the same boat! I wish I had something encouraging for you.....Sadly, I do not. The best advice I could give you, would be to either wait, or try your luck with ebay. If you choose to upgrade early anyway....be prepared to pay full retail value! Good luck!
0 Likes
nicknrm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless is among one of the best wireless carriers I have ever had.

Since you are only 5 months away from contract expiration/renewal, I am sure they'll early upgrade willingly at this point.

They will review your account and possibly determine if you're worthy. They don't necessarily want give additional benefits to a customer who hasn't made a payment in a month or is constantly late. They'll also take your price plan into consideration.

Remember, if you get an early upgrade, you will most likely be forced to forfeit your New Every Two discount. Also, since you upgrade, you'll need to accept the NEWEST terms and conditions which may or may not be to your plan liking...

I'd read up to ensure it is something you want to do.

Your best bet would be to call Verizon Wireless at 1-800-922-0204 or *611 (for free from your Verizon Wireless phone) and see what kind of deal the representative is willing or able to make. 

0 Likes
bk2

I've read on other forums that they sometimes allow an early upgrade, but I don't believe they were for that length of time.

I was allowed to upgrade one week early, but five months may be too long for them to allow it. You should call customer service and ask. The worst they can do is say no. They did say that you would have a better chance at doing so at a Verizon store, maybe becausethey can jockey the systems a little easier.

Good luck!

0 Likes
iceman2002

well, I am in the same boat.........5 months away from a 2 year contract, but I got a Verizon letter stating I am a VIP customer.  I logged on line and chat with a customer service rep and she told me that I am a good standing customer and this is a special offer to verizon customers who pays their bills on time and in good standing.

this a early upgrade offer with a $50.00 off coupon.  she also told me that I can get a $100.00 off for upgrading to a data plan since I want a new smartphone.  The rep also told me that I can get a new smartphone on 2 yr contract prices too.

Just an FYI~ Local Verizon stores and online prices are different and these upgrade or early upgrade will require another two year plus whatever time you still have on your current contract. 

0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
Yes, the VIP status is given to customers with good standing on payments, pay a certain rate or higher on t heir monthly access charges, and have been with the company for 1+ years. One of the many advantages is that you get free activation and the early upgrade/annual upgrade meaning you can upgrade prior to your NE2 which takes effect at month 20 of your 24 month contract. In this case the annual upgrade is offered between month 12-19 of that 24 month contract and being  a VIP customer gets you an additional $50.00 on top of whatever promotional price of rebate taht comes with the phone. The $50.00 VIP credit is NOT your NE2 and with the annual upgrade you wouldn't get the NE2 discount with it, but the $50.00 would help make up for it which is its purpose.
0 Likes
SilverDodger
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is great information for anyone who's looking to get a new phone before their 24 month commitment.

VIP status(which replaced the merritt program) is given if a primary number is paying at least $79.99 or higher. VIP gives the cust the ability to get the Early upgrade fee waived(usually 25$). It also included waiving activation fees if new lines are added! The major benefit is if a customer is eligible for an Early Upgrade, they get up to $50 credit towards their purchase.

0 Likes
trunkmaker

Early upgrades are possible but pay no attention to online pricing. I went through 2 supervisors & they refused to honor online pricing. And was told by Eric (a supervisor) that they don't honor online pricing. I was given many excuses as to why they wouldn't honor the price shown. But finally told by Eric they can make a price whatever they wish. The old bait & switch. False advertising what ever you want to call it. Customer service was never this bad with Alltel. Has anyone else been told by customer service that they don't honor online prices?

0 Likes
jimhamill3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been told that the stores don't honor any pricing shown on the internet.

0 Likes