Re: Early termination fee free?
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did, I sat there on the phone with a Verizon supervisor, really nice guy, and we went through the detailed bill together.  No kids on the account ordering ringtones, nothing like that.  No 411 usage.  The state 911 tax went up, but less than the reduction in other fees, so overall from last month to this month still should've seen a reduction.  The supervisor also stated that and couldn't figure out why.  He pushed it up the chain to try and figure it out and hopefully I'll hear back from him today.  I'm going to continue to sift through the bills, but I've looked once and didn't see anything of consequence on that end, but I'm going to look again. 

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

Right, haven't run a business myself.  Have a couple close friends that each run one.  And they do eat some of those costs of doing business in the name of customer service/long term relationships.  That whole idea of make $5 one time today or $4/year for the next 20 years, just depends on how long your vision is.  Making statements that are absolute isn't always a great idea.

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get that idea, and in theory it's great, but if I can't do the ETF right now, so I can't do the full price upgrade either. 

0 Likes
okamsrazor22
Contributor - Level 1

If you are unable to receive the service that you were promised you can get out of the contract. VZW may not waive it on their own, but you are allowed to port your number to another carrier anytime. Once ported VZW will try to hit you with the ETF on your last bill. You can ask them to remove it, and if they do not you can take them to small claims court.

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW let me go. didn't hit me with that whole ETF. Happier now.

0 Likes