Early termination fees
Adunn001

Our contract ends on 7/10/15. I was wondering if there would be a fee if I ported out my numbers three days early 7/7/15? The contract states $30 within the 23rd month and $0 at contract end, nothing during the 24th month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Early termination fees
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your contract started on 7/10/2013 which is before Nov 14, 2014 and under the old ETF terms. You need to WAIT until after 7/10/2015 and before your billing cycle ends to port to another carrier to avoid paying the ETF and to use as much as possible billing cycle you have paid for. If you have a bill due on 7/10/15, you need to pay that too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You might be on the hook for the final months bill, as well as ETFs.  (I assume for 3 lines ending at the same time)

as far as I know, if you end your contract 1 day early you will be billed the $10 ETF.

You should port out 2-3 days before the end of your billing period.  Cell carriers do not prorate final bills.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

With 5 days left you really don't want to give Verizon any excuse to sling a claim of contract breach at you.  Wait 6 days.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your contract started on 7/10/2013 which is before Nov 14, 2014 and under the old ETF terms. You need to WAIT until after 7/10/2015 and before your billing cycle ends to port to another carrier to avoid paying the ETF and to use as much as possible billing cycle you have paid for. If you have a bill due on 7/10/15, you need to pay that too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes