Ebill canceled from one bank, cannot be added to another
tattooedmind
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently switched banks. I was flawlessly receiving my E-Bill through my previous bank. Upon switching over, I have removed Ebills from the first bank, (at this point, a few months ago now). When I attempt to add it to my new bank I continue to get this:

We're sorry, we're unable to add the following e-bill 

Verizon Wireless  *0001

There was a problem completing your request to add e-bills.

Some possible reasons are:

• This account number may not be the number your biller has for you.
  • You may have already set up this e-bill elsewhere.
  • Your account is not eligible for e-bills.

This message only applies to your e-bill activation request. It does not affect other services or payments that you may have scheduled.

I know for a fact that it is not set up elsewhere, as I have deleted Verizon as a payee all together in that previous account, which is the only account that has ever had it set up. Is there something other than my account number that Verizon is expecting in that field? What am I missing?

Labels (1)
Re: Ebill canceled from one bank, cannot be added to another
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tattooedmind- we want to make sure you can add your E-Bill. Have you tried contacting your old bank account agency to confirm that it was removed? Does your new bank offer E-Bill?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tattooedmind
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have confirmed from my old bank that it was removed and yes my new bank has E-bills, I have several other payees currently enrolled without issue.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming with your bank. Another option for a recurring payment would be Automatic Payment Option. Click here for more details: http://spr.ly/65868otIE .

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tattooedmind
Enthusiast - Level 2

While this might be something I am interested in doing, upon attempting to set this up through Verizon I get this message “You are currently enrolled in an automatic bill payment program not provided by Verizon. If you would like to enroll in our automatic payment program you will need to contact the bank or service that provides your current automatic bill payment and discontinue that option. Once it is removed, please return to My Verizon and enroll in our automatic payment program.” As I’ve said, I contacted my bank and confirmed that they have in fact removed me from AutoPay, and I’ve even removed Verizon from my list of payees all together. There is something on Verizon’s end that is hanging. I’ve seen other people with similar issues saying the same thing with different banks, which make the common denominator Verizon. Can you please escalate this?

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

KERS26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem. After many frustrating hours on the customer service line with Verizon, they were unable to resolve the problem and again instructed me to call my bank back. I called my bank and verified for the 3rd time that I am unenrolled from all ebills. The issue is absolutely with Verizon. As @tattooedmind requested, please escalate this.

DANMAR58

I am having this exact issue with my "former" bank Wells Fargo (I left the account open).  I even tried to setup the vendor again and create the Ebill with Wells Fargo and was told it failed due to a Verizon issue.

0 Likes
tattooedmind
Enthusiast - Level 2

Two months have now gone by now and I am still unable to register for either the BillPay option through my bank or Verizon’s own Automatic Payment Option. No one has contacted me, which would lead me to assume this has not been escalated. Has Verizon decided to simply give up support for their customers?

swtjaz

Was there ever a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue and have called customer service mutiple times and haven't found a fix.  thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely worrying to see that you're experiencing issues while trying to update your eBill information, and we will be glad to assist you especially because you've contacted us multiple times regarding this issue without receiving the proper resolution. Please tell us, have you contacted your financial institution regarding this issue? What happens when you try updating your eBill information? Also, have you tried setting up Auto Pay through My Verizon? The following link will guide you through this process in the case that you're interested in taking advantage of Auto Pay. http://spr.ly/6605EdKYb

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes