Ebills is Broken
humini
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was enrolled in Ebills at an old checking account for several years.

A couple of months ago I switched to a new bank and checking account.

Before I left the old account I deleted all the bill payees from their online bill paying system. This included Verizon where I was enrolled in ebills.

I tried to enroll in ebills at my new account and it says I am already enrolled and can't enroll again.

Chatting with Verizon tech support they sent me to a link where my option were either get paper mail bills or enroll for auto payment which requires giving Verizon a checking account number or a debit card. I am not willing to do either.

I did try switching to paper bills hoping this would clear out the already enrolled in ebills block, but what happened instead was they raised my bill $50 a month because I'd lost the autopay discount.

Last time around (I have spent literally hours on these chats with clueless tech support people) they switched me to paperless billing. I get my bills by email now. That's not what I want either.

I want ebills at my new account like I had on my old account. The bill goes to my bank. When I pay it (it can be set up to autopay) the payment goes directly from my bank to Verizon.

My Comcast ebills transferred with no problem. What's the problem Verizon?

If I can't get this resolved before my next payment in May (and I am not paying the extra $50) I am leaving Verizon.

Hope this message gets to somebody who cares and who can do something about the problem.