Re: Edge Plan Change?!
advantage22
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes, they change plans when they want and do not care about you, the customer. i was grandfathered into the unlimited plan and now i have to pay 20 bucks extra a month.

0 Likes
JoeS_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, that's equivalent to what they did with the Edge plan.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It seems that you were woefully under informed, you signed something assuming that you knew what it was. You didn't. That is your fault and only yours. You should look at this as a lesson (why didn't already know this is beyond me) to read everything before you sign it. If you're that tech inclined, I don't know how you missed these changes anyway as all the tech websites report on it. I guess you'll start reading everything you put your signature to. It is like accepting TOS for an app or website. If you don't read it and just accept it you can't claim ignorance to it. You didn't bother reading it.

JoeS_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do take some responsibility for this, but not all. I should've read it, but the employee didn't tell me what I was signing was a new agreement.

And new tech is different than changes in cell phone plans/agreements.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ultimately, as much as we would like to think that a rep should tell us everything we need to know and guarantee that we understand every nook and cranny of a new agreement (and make sure we know every word of anything we're signing) it is our responsibility to make sure we know exactly what we're signing and agreeing to regardless of what we've been told. Even if we think a rep has told us everything we need to make sure we still read every word (which can be tedious since often these things are lengthy) BEFORE we sign it. Legally, once we sign something it doesn't matter how much we claim to not know about it's contents we will be held liable for whatever is in the document because we signed it. Unless you were not of sound mind to enter any contract...otherwise assuming and going by spoken word doesn't absolve us of our responsibility. None of this is something anyone wants to hear when they are in this situation but it's the truth. And unfortunately you have learned a lesson that many have...never rely solely on being told something. And regardless of how quickly they try to get you to sign something take the time (and your right) to read every word and question any red flags in those words before you sign it. Even if you think it's just the receipt for payment. Read it.

To the best of my knowledge the only 50% edge/device payment plan available right now would be for those that purchased iPhone 6s/6s plus on DPP. They can upgrade annually when the new iPhone releases and 50% of their current iPhone 6s/6s plus has been paid off. Otherwise they have to pay 100% of the device to enter a new agreement. That might change since clearly it has changed a few times.

rcschnoor
Legend

I have no problem. YOU stated you didn't sign anything. After reviewing you online receipts, YOU then said you DID sign something. This doesn't mean you were not being truthful. That you didn't recall something DOES NOT mean I think you are being truthful. I don't find it unusual when someone does not recall EXACTLY what went on during a transaction that happened about a year ago. I don't expect myself to remember transactions from that long ago and don't expect others to remember any better. That YOU equate this to me saying you are not being truthful has no basis in fact.

IF, on the other hand you DID remember signing something and ASSUMED it was for something for which it was not, that is your own fault.

Having purchased MANY phones from Verizon in the past, I have NEVER been able to do so without signing something, whether I pay full retail or on contract. If I were asked to sign something when getting a new phone, I certainly would not assume it was to complete an agreement for which I had already signed. Verizon has NEVER required that in the past, not sure why they would do so now.

0 Likes
JoeS_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I NEVER  said I didn't sign anything, I said 'I didn't sign a new agreement,' which at the time, I didn't think it was a new agreement because I wasn't told it was.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

JoeS. wrote:

I NEVER  said I didn't sign anything, I said 'I didn't sign a new agreement,' which at the time, I didn't think it was a new agreement because I wasn't told it was.

The point that everyone is trying to make is that, had you read what you signed you would have realized what you were signing. That is all. I also think that this thread has been allowed to continue far past its usefulness. I can only start to turn ugly from this point.

You got to vent. You realized that you were incorrect in your assumptions. Verizon will not do anything to change it. You will be required to pay 100% of your device starting with the next purchase and you have been informed of that. There is nothing that can be done except learn the lesson and move on. If you want something different than what VZW's DPP offers then you can check out any of the other carrier's agreements but that's about all the recourse that you have.

mama23dogs
Legend

This is the reason I love the My documents feature, not every carrier has it.  During my first tour with Verizon, I had 18 years of transactions, back to my first phone, recorded in my documents.

THe sales slips are VERY long.  I must admit I want to go home and play with my new phones, not read the sales slip. 

THe the terms of service is long and boring too.  But there is a lot of important information we should know.

WHen you think of how much we spend monthly on cell service, often as much as a car payment, doesn't it make sense to know the obligations, limitations etc, we put our signature on?

Food for thought....

rcschnoor
Legend

JoeS. wrote:

You also NEVER said you DID sign something, ONLY that you DIDN'T sign a new Edge contract. As it turns out, you DID sign something and it WAS a new Edge contract.