Employee Discount Verification Program
danceandbowler
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I upgraded last year, I received my employee discount and signed a 2 year contract.   At that time I was still an active employee and since then have retired.   Now my company will not honor employee discounts for retirees.   Verizon will be taking away my discount.   Isn't that a breech of contract on their end.  I would think they would have to honor that discount until the end of the contract.    If I want to cancel my contract have to pay a penalty.  I have been with Verizon for over 40 years.   So much for customer loyalty.  It is about $$$. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Employee Discount Verification Program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi danceandbowler,

I certainly understand how important it is to be aware of wireless discounts that you may be entitled to. When it comes to retirees, unfortunately these discounts are limited. All discounts are negotiated with your employer on whom they wish to include under their discount profile. My apologies that your employer does not wish to extend any applicable discounts towards retirees. If you do feel that you may be included under your employers agreement, I recommend speaking with your Human Resource Department for validation, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

Read your customer agreement:

"Am I Eligible for Special Discounts?

If you're a Postpay customer, you may be eligible for a discount if you are and remain affiliated with an organization that has an agreement with us. Unless your discount is through a government employee discount program, we may share certain information about your Service (including your name, your wireless telephone number and your total monthly charges) with your organization from time to time to make sure you're still eligible. We may adjust or remove your discount according to your organization's agreement with us, and remove your discount if your eligibility ends or your contract term expires. In any case, this won't be considered to have a material adverse effect on you."

0 Likes
danceandbowler
Enthusiast - Level 1

So you may be eligible for a discount if you are and remain affiliated with an organization that has an agreement with us.

I am still affiliated with the Company as a retiree.   The company still offers discount.   So I should be good?   Is there a separate list for active/retired employees?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While you MAY be affiliated with your former employer, they are normally called Employer Discounts because eligibility requires you to currently be employed by that company.

The other part I highlighted from the customer agreement goes on to say

We may adjust or remove your discount according to your organization's agreement with us, and remove your discount if your eligibility ends...

It appears your eligibility requires you to currently be employed by the company.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi danceandbowler,

I certainly understand how important it is to be aware of wireless discounts that you may be entitled to. When it comes to retirees, unfortunately these discounts are limited. All discounts are negotiated with your employer on whom they wish to include under their discount profile. My apologies that your employer does not wish to extend any applicable discounts towards retirees. If you do feel that you may be included under your employers agreement, I recommend speaking with your Human Resource Department for validation, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

nana46

I submitted my discount info and got  the message that it was accepted.  Then I was asked to submit proof of employment and did that and received a message that I printed that says:" you have uploaded your proof of employmenet document successfully". Where can i check that this is going to happen?  The web site is not user friendly to find  out this info  and I am very upset about Verizon trying to take these discounts away after many many years.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can check the status here:

https://www.verizonwireless-employmentvalidation.com/

You'll need the tracking number that should have been e-mailed to you.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

nana46 wrote:

.... I am very upset about Verizon trying to take these discounts away after many many years.

All Verizon is doing is verifying that those that are receiving the discounts still qualify for the discounts.  They aren't trying to take anything away.

0 Likes
vigomez

I would like to continue getting the employee discount with verizon wireless. I am presently employe by the (removed) thank you.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This isn't Customer Service, it's a peer-to-peer forum.  You can revalidate your employee discount here:

Verizon Wireless - It's Time to Renew Your Discount. Validate Your Employment in a Few Easy Steps.

0 Likes