Re: Empty box received instead of new phone!?
VF74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:    This issue has been resolved for me. 

FedEx had the package weights from the time the package was picked up from Verizon until the final delivery.  All of FedEx's weights were zero pounds. So FedEx came to the conclusion that the package was picked up from Verizon empty and was delivered empty.  My case turned into a dispute between the Verizon warehouse that shipped the package and FedEx, both were blaming each other.

My advice to anyone else this might happen too, is to open a separate case with FedEx first before working with Verizon. Once I had the results from FedEx's investigation I was able to go to Verizon with that information and get my charges reversed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi VF74,

Whew! I am so elated to hear that we were able to get your issue resolved. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
KatyKot
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the same exact thing that happened to me! Box was delivered empty on Friday, May 23. I'm getting the run-around between FedEx and Verizon. FedEx confirmed that the box was at "full weight" in TN, before it got to me in CO, so clearly something happened along the way. But FedEx is saying that Verizon is responsible, and Verizon is saying the box was at full-weight when it left their dock. I already paid for this phone and refuse to pay for an empty box! What should I do to fix this? Who do I put the claim in with? How do I stop the run-around?

0 Likes
KatyKot
Enthusiast - Level 1

As an update, Verizon is making me PAY for a second phone, charging me for the first one that is lost and making me file and follow-up the claim with FedEx directly. Verizon should be talking to FedEx, not me. This is just crazy. Someday a lawsuit will be filed between Verizon and FedEx showing this whole process to be a huge racket where they lose phones on purpose, and then charge customers to repurchase. If the companies cannot prevent theft when the product is under their control, they should be responsible for the losses incurred, not the customer!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KatyKot We understand the frustration behind having your phone lost/stolen. We wouldn't want phones lost on purpose because we don't want unhappy customers. In unfortunate situations such as a phone being left by Fed Ex and not received, a claim has to be filed. Has this process been started, yet?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: just happens to me and my wife today 11/17/2020
Luke87

We where so excited to receive our new phones. Today we received our box that we thought the phones where in by UPS. The outer  box with the shipping label was sealed but we opened the box the two phone boxes where cut open and the phones where gone!! I can’t believe this! Either UPS EMPLOYEES STOLE IT OR A. VERIZON EMPLOYEE STOLE IT AT THEIR SHIPPING FACILITY IN PA. 

50DF69FB-CAC0-4CF2-8AFA-093C91DDDF17.jpeg

0 Likes
angelaroseest
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any way you can help me as well? Just received my package, wasn't asked to sign for it, and the box only had a piece of tissue paper. I tried contacting both FedEx and Verizon customer support and got dead end answers on both parties. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes