Enabling LTE Voice & Data
cj678076

Ever since i updated IOS i havent been able to enable LTE for data & voice. I can get LTE to work just for data but not both. When I click to enable voice& data it it tells me "cannot active and to enable LTE calls on this account contact Verizon." When i click the link it gives me possible reasons it will not work. So apparently i cant get LTE Voice if i have a ringback tone? Id like to keep my ringback tone so my question is do I really even need LTE voice? What exactly is LTE voice and if I only use LTE for data and not voice will it effect my calls?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Enabling LTE Voice & Data
Weth
Legend

LTE voice and data is not currently compatible with ring back tones. LTE Voice and data allows clearer voice on calls, but more importantly allows you to use the internet while you are on a call, which you cannot do otherwise unless  you are in wifi. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

LTE voice and data is not currently compatible with ring back tones. LTE Voice and data allows clearer voice on calls, but more importantly allows you to use the internet while you are on a call, which you cannot do otherwise unless  you are in wifi. 

0 Likes
cj678076

But cant I use the internet anyway since the LTE data connects? Is the LTE Voice really necessary?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

NO it is not necessary,  Voice will go over the legacy CDMA 1x mode if LTE voice is not on.

However, on the iPhone, if you do not have LTE Voice and data on, you will not be able to use the Internet while you are on a call Unless you are also connected to wifi.

you probably need to have Verizon ( you can do this yourself too online) add Advanced Calling 1.0 feature to you account for free.  Then LTE voice and data will work. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately Advanced Calling feature is not compatible with the Ringback Tones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes