Epically Horrible Customer Service
Dagoba09
Enthusiast - Level 2

After more than a decade of customer loyalty and on time payments (I mention payments only because it appears to be the sole focus for Verizon Wireless) I have terminated my service, paid for the new iPhone 13 and the additional ~$600 Verizon claims I owe them. I have been forced make this irrational decision to free myself from the misery of trying to resolve a billing issue caused by Verizon dating back to November 2021.

In summary:

• Ordered a new iPhone 13
  • Received iPhone 12
  • Took business trip, unable to return iPhone 12 - contacted Verizon to explain situation and was told not worry can return phone when I return
  • Returned 12
  • Account charged for full 12 price
  • Received 13
  • Account charged for full 13 price
  • Contacted Verizon to refund - told ~30 days to receive credit
  • Unacceptable - contacted bank for refund
  • Hours upon hours of phone and text support - unable to remove iPhone 12 from bill
  • Numerous Verizon changes in explanation and promises to fix billing issue broken
  • Service disconnected 4 times while on business trips away from family
  • Attempts to settle account, constantly funneled to pay disputed charges, unable to exit queue sending me to automated payments
  • Finally able to get $270 credited back to my account after a 3+ hour call - far short of the original disputed charge
  • No attempts to value my time, Verizon’s mistake or my business of more than a decade

Too much parity in options and providers Verizon. Learn the only differentiator in the space is customer service. Speed and coverage aren’t in your favor. I will make it a priority to advise against and switch to other wireless providers with family, friends and strangers. You have cost me nearly $2000 in unplanned/incorrect charges and more than 16 hours of time.

Congrats Verizon, you may be the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with.

Re: Epically Horrible Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dagoba09, we are truly sorry to hear about your overall experience, which had resulted in you transferring your services to another carrier. All of your feedback is appreciated and we will forward your concern to the proper channels. All device worry-free guarantee returns/exchanges can be processed within 30 days from the purchase date https://vz.to/2MMYLEz and we apologize for the length of time it had taken for you to receive the return credits. 

-Sylvia

Dagoba09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your response continues to exemplify your failure to grasp the impact of your broken support procedures. 30 days to return a product you sent me in error and this is after I spent my time to call you and give you a heads up? 16 hours of my time to fix your mistake - never a single attempt to value my decade+ of business or value as a customer. 

“Proper channels”?? You mean shareholders - who sits at the end of your proper channel?

Dagoba09
Enthusiast - Level 2
Xxxmag
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive never experienced a costumer service team as god awful as Verizon’s. I’m in the same boat as you my fellow verizonian. They are so determined to be just as uncompromising as they are rude in the “solutions” they repeatedly give to your issues despite any rebuttal you may impose upon their first lame attempt in helping you. I never thought speaking with a human being could be equally as frustrating as the automated bot that brought you there… if you’re lucky enough to get the bot to connect you with a live agent that is. No worries you say? How bout I call the number it gives every time i request an agent? Wouldn’t it be divine if it were that easy, but it’s not. For those of us that don’t know (verizon employees and automated services) YA CANT MAKE PHONE CALLS WHEN YOUR SERVICE IS TURNED OFF. Sorry if i come across as being a bit arrogant, i’m just a bit frustrated by the lack of support in verizon’s customer relations department.  @vzw_customer_support 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your frustration/ire regarding your negative experience is understandable, because I would be upset too.  Please accept our sincerest apologies.  We are here and would like to turn your viewpoint of Verizon around.  If you are willing, please send us a Private Message. 

*Lisa

tor2ga
Enthusiast - Level 2

that's Verizon for you!!

tor2ga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Epically Horrible..........one would think that after years and years they would be apprecaitive............

THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tor2ga
Enthusiast - Level 2

verizon doesn't care about any of us......we are just a number and $$$ to them........reach out for help...........ha ha ha ha........you may as well reach for a gun!!  I just finished spending over an hour with a "representative" and he angered me and condescended  me off so much that I will be changing my service to straight talk...............MUCH better prices for the the same service!!!!

Leavingsofast
Enthusiast - Level 2

The agents are either empathetic but unhelpful or just downright snarky and rude and unhelpful. I consider myself to be a rational personal. Not a Karen. I go out of my way to understand the other perspective. After 4 plus hours and 5 “tiers” of agents, after repeating information I’ve given said previous agents 5 more times, I start to get a little edgy. I admit. I did ask an agent to not try to sell me something while my phone line wasn’t even up and running. Let’s not put the cart before the horse. HE snarked back to me he was most certainly NOT trying to sell me anything. All you had to do was look up the thread to see “while we try to activate this line May I interest you in our Verizon package blah blah blah blah whatever” . He wasn’t offering free coffee. Or a bagel. He was pitching a sale and he knew it and got called out on it and got all in his feels before he realized oops, she just took a screenshot. And I have ALL the screenshots fellas!