Re: Existing Customer Deals
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to leave us. As a consumer, I understand the importance of getting the best deals possible. Please send us a Private Message, so we can review your account for upgrade options that would suit your needs. You can send us a Private Message by visiting our Facebook page or sending a DM to @VZWSupport on Twitter. This way we can further assist you.

GinaU_VZW

Jbrady4370
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon really stepped up yesterday with their existing upgrade deal $400 off on iPhone 11. For 1 day only.  Thank you Verizon for showing a little love and appreciation to existing customers.  Your deal allowed me to stay rather than switching to a different carrier which I was considering.  It appears I was wrong to say they don’t appreciate their customers as this basically ended up being close to BOGO when buying 2 phones.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbrady4370, We truly appreciate every day of your years of loyalty with us and surely don't want to lose you. It's truly a pleasure to hear that you were able to receive a great deal that works for you. Your feedback is truly appreciated. It helps us to understand where we need to improve and also what's working well. Thank you for your time in providing it for us. Please be sure to let us know if you need anything further and enjoy your new phone!https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-11-pro/   TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
MBKSYS
Enthusiast - Level 3

isn't that b.s.?? where was that deal for $400 off without any catches?? It was either w/ trade in, new line, or buy one get one w/ new line.... 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MBKSYS,

Your 21 years of loyalty have meant the world to us. We would be devastated to see you go. Opening a new line of service or transferring an account over is a much larger financial obligation than upgrading an existing line. The offers we are providing are made to help entice people to make that decision to add that line they have been waiting on or finally making the switch over to us. During the entire Thanksgiving shopping weekend, we have been offering promotions for both new and existing customers. As those promotions have since added, we'd be happy to review the current offers we have for you to get a new phone. What model were you interested in purchasing? What device were you planning to trade in? Are you on our Unlimited plan? 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
ProAvia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really find your statement short sighted. And frankly a bunch of marketing garbage.

Opening a new line of service or transferring an account over is NOT a much larger financial obligation than upgrading an existing line - if the existing customer is willing to commit to a 2 year contract.

This is basically the way Verizon used to do it. Give a great discount to existing customers - equal to the discount offered new customers - and require the existing customer to sign a 2 year contract.

Now it seems new customers are more important than existing customers. If Verizon really cared about customer retention beyond the new customer 24 month period, they would offer the same deals to existing customers willing to commit for 2 more years.

If customer retention is important, it's time to do more than talk the talk - it's time to walk the walk. Give existing customers the same deals as new customers. And be up front about it by showing it prominently on the site instead of hiding it in a one day black friday deal that most didn't even see.

david-auburn
Enthusiast - Level 1

@ProAvia  agree 100%!!

rcschnoor
Legend

@ProAvia wrote:

I really find your statement short sighted. And frankly a bunch of marketing garbage.

Opening a new line of service or transferring an account over is NOT a much larger financial obligation than upgrading an existing line - if the existing customer is willing to commit to a 2 year contract.

This is basically the way Verizon used to do it. Give a great discount to existing customers - equal to the discount offered new customers - and require the existing customer to sign a 2 year contract.

Now it seems new customers are more important than existing customers. If Verizon really cared about customer retention beyond the new customer 24 month period, they would offer the same deals to existing customers willing to commit for 2 more years.

If customer retention is important, it's time to do more than talk the talk - it's time to walk the walk. Give existing customers the same deals as new customers. And be up front about it by showing it prominently on the site instead of hiding it in a one day black friday deal that most didn't even see.

Unfortunately, you can't please all the customers all the time. Verizon used to offer 2 yr contracts in exchange for a "discount" on a device. The majority of customers didn't like being locked in to a 2 yr service contract, so Verizon chose to do something more than "talk the talk" and discontinued offering 2 yr service contracts at the request of the majority of their customers.

NOW it appears many of those SAME customers who did not want 2 yr service contracts are complaining they can't sign one in exchange for a discount. For what it is worth, you didn't really get a discount on a device since you paid off that discount by getting a $20/month increase in your line access fee for the time of the contract which equated to $480 when the "discount" you received usually maxed out at $400. Not really a great value.

Looking at discounts available on phones without starting a new line of service, I see that Best Buy is offering a couple hundred dollars off of many cell phones. Of course, you have to keep an eye out for discounts if that is what it takes for you to purchase a new device. The phone you want will not always be discounted.

0 Likes
ProAvia
Enthusiast - Level 2

That reply doesn't quite do it either. What I am saying is existing customers used to be offered the same deals and pay the same price for service as new customers.

Existing customers should get the same deals as new customers and pay the same price for service. It seems customer loyalty and long term retention isn't important to Verizon.

Sure, they sometimes have a deal for existing customers, but its not widely advertised and we don't receive notification either. Most customers don't have time to visit the Verizon site every day to see if a short term deal exists.

As for Best Buy - I won't set foot in their stores due to their shady business practices.

While I could jump ship and go to another carrier for a "new customer" deal and then do the same in another few years (possibly returning to Verizon), I tend to be loyal to one company. I guess loyalty on the part of Verizon and their customers doesn't matter to most anymore.

Joneswhye
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please spare me...Verizon is not losing money. They should reward their loyal long time customers. I've been with since the merger from air touch...over 20 years...and airtouch over 12 years.  Now I have seen some changes.  The question is why have they fallen to 3rd place in their industry. Maybe because they are not loyal.