Existing Customers
robncyns
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Verizon, you have some great deals to bring in new customers!

Unfortunately you have no deals to keep existing customers when its time to renew the numbers contract.

Why is that?

Why do you choose to treat existing customer like [removed]?

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Re: Existing Customers
Weth
Legend

What are you talking about?  There has been several recent and good deals for current customers.  I got 8 GB extra on each line for being long term customer and just recent got $650 off an iPhone paid in 24 equal credits by trading in a 2 year old phone worth much less than $650. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

robncyns wrote:

Hey Verizon, you have some great deals to bring in new customers!

Unfortunately you have no deals to keep existing customers when its time to renew the numbers contract.

Why is that?

Generally, if your line is eligible for an upgrade or "renewal", you can take advantage of the same deals as new customers.  Which deals for new customers are you referring to?

0 Likes
kellyk2727
Enthusiast - Level 2

The free phones being advertised currently only apply to new customers or new lines, not existing customers.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I can tell, it applies to new lines, or eligible lines on existing accounts.  If you are currently under contract or have a device payment on a line, then you can't add another until that "deal" is finished.  Same thing with the "free" phones being offered now - you agree to keep that line active for 24 months to get the full credit for the phone.  You won't be eligible for any new deals that come up 6 months or a year from now, because you are an "existing" customer that got a good deal and haven't yet fulfilled the terms of that deal.

0 Likes
kellyk2727
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am up for an upgrade on one of my lines. the 24 month contract is complete. I have been told that I cannot get the free phone deal anyway .  you are incorrect.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What plan are you on?  You need to be on one of the newer plans and "purchase" the phone on a device payment plan; then the plan is discounted by the amount of the payment plan each mon th, essentially making the phone "free".  But it only works with  the new Verizon plan and device payment option.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kellyk2727, I know how awesome the new promotions are, and we never want you to miss out on any of them. While we do have great promotions for existing customers the current one that offers a free phone only applies to customers adding new lines of service. Reach out to us directly to get assistance with upgrading your device >> http://vz.to/2e3J7jh

We're happy to see what promotions apply to you.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kellyk2727
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done that twice and they can't come up with anything that won't increase my bill.

I'm seriously considering switching providers since, although Verizon service used to be superior in my area, the coverage from other providers is now essentially equal.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Remember what Mick Jagger said?