Re: Existing Customers
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then do it. Vote with the phone you want and leave. Quite simple.

0 Likes
KYEBABY

It's clear VZW cares more about new customers than existing customers. Frankley, I'm tired of seeing promo's for $5/month for the Moto Z Play Droid, but once I sign in and say upgrade an existing line it goes to $17/month. It definitely sucks that after 15 years of VZW I have to switch carriers to get a deal!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That is a great deal on a device. That means you are buying it for $408. Most phones that people want are usually $700+.

Things aren't the way they used to be.

Remember, Verizon is not in the business of selling devices. You are buying them from the manufacturer THROUGH Verizon.

Also, Verizon is able to make whatever promotions they want. If you like the service, you'll stay. If you don't like the service you won't. Verizon doesn't want to lose your business but why do people seriously think that they need an offer to stay? Do you go to Express and say "I will buy this shirt but ONLY if you give it to me for 50% off."? Verizon is not responsible for you having a working phone. You are. There are MANY ways to get yourself a phone and in the future there will be MANY more. Soon, carriers will stop selling devices and you won't be able to get an expensive phone on credit and pay it over 24 months. What will you do then?

KYEBABY

Sounds like you work for VZW - let me explain why I care.

The issue is a NEW customer can get that phone for $5 and I can get a phone cheaper if I switch.

I can also simply go through the hassle of adding a line w/new number and killing my old number. They should just make it so existing customers (with no contract)  get the same deal (RETAIN CUSTOMER) they use to get new customers. That's just good business vs all carriers trying to get new business all the time and losing loyal customers.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless had some great deals for existing customers over Black Friday and the holidays. Just because they don't have any deals now for existing customers doesn't mean they never have any deals for the existing customers.

Currently there are the following deals:

The Pixel phones deals is for new and existing customers provided they have the right type of phone to trade-in.

The Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid deals don't require a trade-in or a new line.

The other new line deals can be used by existing customers if they are willing to add a new line to their existing account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

But WHY does Verizon HAVE to offer a deal at all?

Also, if the promotion is for a NEW LINE that doesn't disqualify an existing customer from taking advantage of the promotion as long as all of the promotion's requirements are met, just EXISTING LINES. This promotion is simply to add more lines as that is what they want to do. It isn't like they don't care about existing lines.

Again, would you go to a store and try to buy a non-sale item and say they you would ONLY buy it if they gave it to you for 50% off?

Verizon often runs promotions for EXISTING LINES. Check around July 4th or Labor Day or Back To School time.

P.S.- I do NOT work for Verizon.

0 Likes