Extended Network
CoffeeQueen2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to place calls in some areas of my place of work. This began about 15 months ago and I addressed it with Verizon but at the time, they couldn't figure it out. Someone recently mentioned to me that it may have to do with being on an extended network. Any thoughts on this? Also, one of my co-workers has Verizon and she has no problems making calls at all. I just bought a new iPhone and this hasn't helped the situation. 

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Extended Network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We absolutely want to make sure that you're able to make calls, CoffeeQueen2019! Please tell us, what happens when you try to place a call? Do you hear a specific error message? What is your zip code and nearest intersection?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
CoffeeQueen2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prior to updating to a new phone I would receive a message asking me to enter a 10 digit number (although I already was!). Now I get nothing...just silence like the call is not going through at all. The zip code is 54162 and the intersection is St. Augustine Dr. and W Green Bay St. I don't have issues all over my building, just certain areas. I would think that it was a building issue but I have co-workers with Verizon who have no issues making calls at all. It is so weird!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you don't have the same phone as the co-worker, apples/oranges.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CoffeeQueen2019, thanks for confirming the requested information. The zip code provided shows no network outage or alerts. Aside from the new phone, what changes have occurred (software update, new apps, etc.)? Aside from the calls, what other problems are you facing (texts/data)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
CoffeeQueen2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Captain Obvious. However since they are both "Apples" I figure it is pretty close...oh, and before I switched phones they were the same. 

0 Likes
CoffeeQueen2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problems at all! Just cannot call out. I can receive calls, just cannot make them.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You don't have WiFi calling on, do you?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
CoffeeQueen2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not. 

0 Likes
CoffeeQueen2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

CoffeeQueen2019, thanks for confirming the requested information. The zip code provided shows no network outage or alerts. Aside from the new phone, what changes have occurred (software update, new apps, etc.)? Aside from the calls, what other problems are you facing (texts/data)?

GilbertoL_VZW

So, I lied. I am having issues receiving calls and some text messages will not go out. Super frustrating!!

0 Likes