Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,265 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Extremely Poor Coverage in East Greenwich Rhode Island
acolaiac
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I move to East Greenwich, RI about a month ago and I am ready to switch providers. The service on Main street is horrible even though the coverage map clearly shows that I will have 4G LTE coverage there. I live one street over from Main street and the coverage is just as bad. Everyone I talk to that has ATT has it working beautifully there. I also do a lot of work on my phone and computer but must have a tethered connection or be inside my how to even use my phone.

Now I've had Verizon since I convinced my mother to switch back in 2008. We love Verizon but due to my current circumstance I cannot continue to work and live without these services.

Thank you

EG.JPG

Labels (1)
Re: Extremely Poor Coverage in East Greenwich Rhode Island
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to leave us, acolaiac. Having a solid, reliable connection is fundamental and I want to ensure we find a solution to your service concerns. 

There are not any known issues in this immediate area, so we would like to gather a few more details. Do you know if other Verizon Wireless customers nearby to you are having the same issues? Which of your services seem to be impacted the most i.e. calling, texting or mobile data? Also, I have sent a private message so that we can get a few more details. You can check that private message in your inbox here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox 

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
acolaiac
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I’d like to say the situation in east Greenwich has not gotten better and I have not heard from you in over a week

Either remedy this situation or I’m getting At & T on August 1st or at least give me an update

I’d also like to say I have several hundreds of other people who are having trouble and I will let them know if your response or if they should switch to AT &T as they have perfect coverage in this area giving no excuse as to why the supposed “superior” company I.e Verizon having NO coverage in this area.

Sincerely,

Aaron

​Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Not applicable

What model of phone are you currently using?

0 Likes
acolaiac
Enthusiast - Level 2

iPhone 8 Plus

People have also had this problem on

iPhone 8

iPhone X

iPhone 7

Samsung galaxy 8

Aaron

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What exactly is going on with your services. When you have no coverage do you mean you cannot make calls texts or use your data?

0 Likes
acolaiac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to use data mostly and the calls either drop or are bad quality

Aaron

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
HockeyRI
Enthusiast - Level 1

I moved back to EG last year.  Never had issues with Verizon anywhere in the country and certainly not in R.I.   I’m not sure if a Tower was taken down or what but all the sudden the western side of EG is dark unless on wireless.   

Pleasee fix or give us boosters! 

HockeyRI
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had Verizon since 1999.  I’ve never had any issues.  I moved back to EG and now have no service at my house unless wirelsss.  I went though tech support about a booster when we first moved in.  It was a 3 hr process where ultimately I told them if I lose you call me back.   Lost connection and they never called back and was 1hr to get back to a person.  My neighbors have AtT and don’t have issues.  Please help. I don’t want to switch but given we have don’t use landline it’s dangerous. Need a booster.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand the need for reliable service at home, HockeyRI. We can help with options to improve your service at home. I'm sorry that you had previously called us and after a long time on the phone, your concerns were not resolved. You indicate that this service issue started when you moved back to EG, please elaborate on EG. A major intersection near you and the full name of your city and state will be very helpful.

In order to consider a booster/network extender (http://spr.ly/6603EwakV), we first must confirm that your home internet service meets the minimum system requirements for the network extender to work properly. The network extender requires always-on internet access with 10 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up minimum; 20 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up or higher is recommended. Does your home internet service meet the minimum system requirements for the network extender?

Another easy way (and completely free) to greatly improve your wireless service experience at home is to take advantage of the WiFi Calling feature (http://spr.ly/6604Ewakn) included with most Smartphones. This feature works if you connect your phone to your WiFi network at home and enable the WiFi Calling feature on your phone. Please review the "Wi-Fi Calling Setup and Use" section at the above link for instructions to set up the WiFi Calling feature on your phone (if your phone includes this feature).

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes