Re: Extremely SLOW data speeds!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You CAN call them yourself at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MKITCHE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have talked to Verizon customer support multiple times.  The problem is with the contracts that went into effect on Wednesday that make unlimited data plans; particularly hotspot; completely worthless.  With contracted 6K speeds and bottomless throttling on busy towers (0.01Mbps d/l speed and 10Mbps u/l speed... LOL... genius bandwidth management) Verizon effectively has no hotspot support at all no matter what plan you're on.

Ran the numbers; bought a dedicated hotspot from another vendor; with my unlimited verizon plan cancelation I'll be a couple bucks ahead despite having to stay on Verizon for my devices due to contracts.  And I'm getting 36Mbps where Verizon was giving my 0.01Mbps.  Easy decision at that point.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Which contracts are you speaking of?

You are NEVER forced to stay. You are ALWAYS free to leave and break the signed agreement as long as you pay the required fees.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mhotter26,

We take providing exceptional network coverage seriously. We would love to speak with you and resolve your issue. I have sent you a direct message, please respond to this message.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

My dBm is -94 to -98. My data speeds = 7.20 down and 1.10 up.  IF I'm lucky. 3 bars. I use to get 20+ down and at least 5.0+ up. I am NOT on unlimited. So why, asking Verizon, has my speeds decreased since beginning of spring?  NO it is not the leaves, buildings, etc., I live in a small community, not congested. For years I had EXCELLENT speeds, not anymore.  When calling Verizon, all of a sudden I get, "oh, it's marginal coverage" so why the heck do you show 4G LTE coverage in my area with NO explanation?

0 Likes
JEFWIT60

I'm experiencing the same inadequate service. This is not what I signed up for. I wish I was still with ATT. I'd like to know what Verizon intends to do to provide a solution for this very common problem.

0 Likes
Doc-cyco

Been getting 0.15 mbps download the last week or so unless I restart my phone, then I get about 4 Mbps for a few minutes then back to snail mode.

Tonight was on the phone with customer service and tech support for nearly 2 hours and nothing was resolved.

i just switched over from AT&T recently, will most likely be switching back this week.

0 Likes
PNEWK42

I switched to gounlimited 2 nights ago. My speed immediately dropped from 5 Mbps to 65 Kbps - you know like dial-up speed! Contacted support and got this long winded explanation about how this will be the case during peak hours of usage.  I switched back to my 5 gig per month plan less than 24 hours after upgrading to the unlimited. Can't see paying anyone money for dialup speeds in 2017. Pathetic Verizon. Really pathetic.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You NEED to read the description of GoUnlimited. You WILL be slowed if you are on a congested tower. That is why it is cheaper than BeyondUlimited which will only be slowed if you use 22GB and then you are on a congested tower. The details are all right there. That is why there is a ? symbol. When you put your cursor on it a pop-up shoes with those details. Don't ASSUME what you are getting.

0 Likes
eswan59
Enthusiast - Level 2

The City of Santa Fe just canceled a Verizon contract due to poor service:

SF finance committee delays action on Verizon fleet contract | Albuquerque Journal

I suppose we are too small of a subscriber base for them to be concerned about.

0 Likes