Extremely slow 4G LTE
bas1131

4G LTE on my iPhone 7 and my iPad has been very slow for past 2 days.  Trying to use a mifi to watch a movie and all it does is buffer.  We're in White Stone, VA for the weekend.  Do you know when this issue will be resolved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely slow 4G LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bas1131-

Getting you the best data experience is very important to us.  After reviewing your area I am not showing any alerts at this time. Does this happen indoors/outdoors? Does this issue improve at other areas?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bas1131

Hi. It's both indoors and outdoors.  I'm with my sister and her family for the weekend at their house.  Videos are loading very slowly and my text messages weren't going through last night for about an hour or so.

BEVERLY

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing those details, bas1131. Are other people also experiencing this issue at this location? Please take a speed test at www.speedtest.net and share those results with us.

CarmenT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bas1131

Yes...others are having issues.  But the main thing is their MiFi.  It's impossible to watch anything because of the buffering.

BEVERLY

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bas1131,

Thank you for that clarification. So that we can get a better understand of what speeds you are dealing with. Can you run a speed test at www.speedtest.net and provide us with the Upload/Download speeds?

NicoleT_VZW

If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jenibug
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched today from AT&T and despite is saying I have 2-3 bars of LTE everywhere in my house, everything seems like it is loading slower than dial up. I am very upset as I have  already ordered a Jetpack (which is my only home internet option other than satellite) as well as 2 new phones(iphone 7 plus and pixel xl).  I used to have verizon at this same location a few years ago and switched due to my job location..it worked just fine then so I don't understand why we are having this issue. I had switched from AT&T because I was dropping to 1 bar in parts of my house...but that was still much faster than this. What is going on?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SwediBear,

Welcome to the VZW family! I'm sorry to learn that you're having issues with your speeds. What zip code are you in? If you go near a window or go outside, do things change? If so, how? Please go to www.speedtest.com and let us know how the speeds are.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jenibug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip-27525

It's inside and outside of my house with mine and my husband's phones (iphone and pixel) I spoke with a Verizon rep and completed the speed tests which showed extremely slow speeds (upload around 0.3 mbps and download 0.6) she also stated that I was in a marginal area even though the websites coverage map does not reflect that. I found this odd since I had Verizon several years ago and it wasn't this slow...not really sure why the coverage is worse. Unfortunately we are having to switch back to our previous carrier as this is our only available form of internet other than satellite.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SwedieBear, we are glad to hear that you were able to reach us via phone to get to the bottom of this. Please know, we will be just a click away at  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes