Extremely slow cell tower in Hamilton, MT
michaeljwyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to report an extremely slow cell tower. I am in Hamilton montana, zip code 59840. The tower here has had this problem for well over a year. it is bad enough that a jetpack cannot even be used to stream movies and whatever. over the last year, I have done various speed tests with various apps and the speed always comes to about what throughout the day. It is only when the phone is using the cell tower in downtown hamilton. The tower is located near the corner of main Street and 1st street. Anytime you go towards the outskirts of town and the phone switches to another tower, such as the Tower 2 miles down the road in corvallis, speed test will come back at 20 to 30 megabits Plus.  But the downtown tower, which serves most of hamilton, is always very very slow. and as I mentioned it has been this way for well over a year. I thought that someone from Verizon might notice but apparently nobody has or done anything about it. I am not sure what the procedure is to get this escalated to the right department, but this is terrible. It is not 4G and barely even makes 3G speeds at 1 to 1.5 megabits.

Re: Extremely slow cell tower in Hamilton, MT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michaeljwyo, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We know the importance of you needing to have good cellular service. Have there been any changes to your device since this started being an issue? 

michaeljwyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same device and multiple devices.  My moto G7 power, my wife's moto G7 power, my mother-in-law's jetpack, my mother-in-law's Iphone SE 2020.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes turtle speeds including myself. I would love to help and see what is going on. Does your service improve when you leave the area? What type of issues are you having with your data? Are you connected to WiFi?  -AmberF_VZW

michaeljwyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there and thank you so much for replying sorry it took me awhile because I was back at my home in Wyoming so it was a while before I made it back up here to Montana.  An answer to your questions, yes the service improves when I leave the area. Data is at normal speeds. Right now the whole valley is supposed to have 5G. And if I get away from that main tower in hamilton, the 5G is there. The tower in Hamilton is only 4G and is turtle speed.  I speed tested the tower in Darby Montana which is 5G and got speeds around 40mbps.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching back out to us, michaeljwyo. Have you been able to take a recent speedtest in the area you are having problems? What are your results? Were you inside or outside when you ran these tests? What signal was showing on your phone (service bars, etc)?

ChristopherM_VZW

michaeljwyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, as recent as this past weekend.  Monday before I left the area, I was at the corner of Main and 1st St..literally across the street from the tower and showed around 1 mbps.  I don't remember exact, but I remember it was around 1.5 to maybe 2 mbps at best.  I haven't been up there since then.  I am only there every week or two, but my wife and mother-in-law live there.  I could have my wife do additional tests for you at any time.