Extremely slow service every afternoon
Ladyguice

Hello:

Working remotely from zip 21758 between Charles Town, WV and Frederick, MD.

Relying on my Verizon phone as a hotspot for telecommuting.

Every afternoon from about 1:00pm to 5:00pm the data speed slows to the point of being unusable. All I can do is text and voice calls. Video calls or internet are impossible.

I know there is no solution out there except for Verizon to add towers or capacity in the area, so not expecting answers.

Verizon is supposedly "all in" to support its users during COVID-19, so I'm posting this here to see if they're serious.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Extremely slow service every afternoon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ladyguice

It's important to us that you have reliable service at all times. Did anything different recently happen on your device? For example, did you update the software on your device or download a new application to your phone? Do you notice that you have this slow data issue in certain places or everywhere that you go? Which make and model phone do you have? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
Ladyguice

No, it's every device my family owns and it happens every day.

We have changed nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ladyguice, we'll need to confirm if your plan has anything to do with the slow speeds and connection issues. Can you please confirm the name of the exact Verizon Plan that you have?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Ladyguice

The New Verizon Unlimited Plan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those details, thank you! We want to take a closer look at your account details so I have sent a Private Note in order to further assist you. We look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes