Extremely unhappy and need help ASAP
upset_former_customer

I have a very big concern that I need addressed ASAP and I cannot get any help from anyone in customer care.

I switched to another carrier on November 10th 2013 and at the same time cancelled my Verizon account. A few days later I tried to give my Verizon phone to a family friend and he said Verizon would not let is be used until December 2 because technically they "suspended" the account until the end of the bill cycle allowing for anyone to change their mind and come back. I called to see what was going on and when this was explained to me I asked SEVERAL times for my account to be cancelled immediately and they assured me it was but the device just couldn't be used until after the bill cycle. I was upset about this and needed to make sure I wouldn't be billed from the 10th on and I was assured, by several different people in customer care AND a store manager in Encinitas, CA that I would be prorated and NOT billed after the 10th. I called today to settle my bill since I can no longer access anything online and have received NOTHING in the mail and my bill is a full months bill, STILL being billed even though I cancelled 3 weeks ago!!

This is one of the biggest reasons I left Verizon but to be honest I was just going to leave it at that. This is the most untruthful, unethical company I have ever dealt with. I am going to speak to my father about canceling his several business accounts with Verizon because I do not want to see him in this same boat.

I need to speak to a manger ASAP as I find this to be completely ridiculous that I should pay for service that I had NO access too and was unable to utilize!!

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely unhappy and need help ASAP
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon does not pro-rate the final month when you cancel an account.

0 Likes
upset_former_customer

So I do not understand then why within days of "cancelling" I called and spoke to several people and when I repeatedly asked for my account to be terminated immediately because I did not want to get billed for a service I was not utilizing, I was assure by every person I spoke with I would not be billed. Complete bullshit! It just comes down to the fact that they are billing me for something I could not sure at all. They shut down my online access immediately, that's convenient.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

See the customer agreement. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT&jspName=footer/customerAgr...

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY POSTPAY SERVICE IS CANCELED BEFORE THE END OF MY CONTRACT TERM?

If you're signing up for Postpay Service, you're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes