FCC reviewing data usage complaints…
G8R2K
Enthusiast - Level 1

Vzw recently offered new plans with rollover.  I changed my plan to the new rollover plan and as soon as I did that all of a sudden I'm using all my data in half a month.  That is not possible; my behavior and usage hasn't changed suddenly.  I had to increase my gigs to avoid paying overages.  now I'm back to paying too much again....I know other people who are having the same issue right after changing plans.  We're all being scammed.  Make a complaint to the FCC and the BBB (link on VZW site); the FCC is already reviewing data complaints…

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2016/09/fcc_probing_verizon_data_overa.html

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FCC reviewing data usage complaints…
jm98224
Enthusiast - Level 2

I plan to file a complaint about them pushing my phone into 3G mode when 4G service is just fine. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan and recently at work I've been dropping into 3G and its HORRIBLY SLOW and barely serves data if at all. Meanwhile someone sitting next to me with the same phone and Verizon service (but not unlimited data plan) has 4G coverage that is rock solid and never goes into 3G mode. I find myself going in and out of airplan mode 10 to 15 times, maybe more daily. I'll be online in 4G just fine then suddenly it stops working (despite having 3 or 4 bars of signal strength) the connection stalls and then it reconnects in 3G with 1 or 2 bars of coverage. Seriously? Why on earth would the phone pick the worse connection over one that's working just fine UNLESS ITS BEING TOLD TO.

They're up to some shady stuff in Basking Ridge. Hopefully the FCC wises up and puts an end to all of this wireless throttling, zero rating, and data capping nonsense. It's really beginning to get out of hand and this needs to stop immediately. I'm paying way too much for this type of service.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have an issue with the data switching to a 3G where normally it is a 4G signal. If you are having an issue, it isn't because of your data plan.

I would suggest switching the SIM cards between the two devices and see if you get the same results in the other phone. If it happens with the same SIM card in a different phone, then you should get the SIM card replaced. If it happens with the same phone and a different SIM card then you might have a hardware problem on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

CARLON87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am being told that my data is going over and no change has happened on either of our two phones. When I enter into our account to show data usage on shows 21% and yet my account is down to 10% left? WTH is going on verizon.  Is Verizon running background programs to drain our data??

LAVAY_03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for posting.  I have been overcharged, and not received even 3g on my 4LTE plan. So I'll be filing complaints with the Attorney General in CA, the BBB & the FCC. This is the only way that Verizon will be held accountable for this continuing fraud.