Re: Facebook SMS text verification code not being received. Locked out.
cavanaughjandc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there anyone from Verizon on here looking at all these complaints? This appears to be a KNOWN ISSUE. What is Verizon doing about this? Anything?

I have exactly the same issue described here. Unable to get SMS from Facebook. No way to change the way I'm receiving the code. Completely locked out. And I need Facebook for work, so it's affecting my livlihood as well. 

It's bad enough that I might have to change providers. Has anyone else done this - and did it work for you?

Re: Facebook SMS text verification code not being recieved. Locked out.
MissMandee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get this figured out? I'm having the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We noticed your post and we are committed to assist you as much as possible, MissMandee. You mention that you have the same problem, but we see 3 pages in this thread, and we want to ensure that we address your specific issue correctly to expedite a resolution. Please share specific details of the issue that you are experiencing. Also, let us know when the issue started.

We look forward to your response to assist you further.

AntonioC_VZW

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/

0 Likes
RedBicycle77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. Has a solution been found for this problem yet? I've been experiencing the same issue and have been locked out of my Facebook account for over a week now. In the past, when I was logged out and tried to log in I would receive an SMS verification code for 2-factor authentication on Facebook, but now no text code arrives no matter how many times I submit a request. I don't know when this first started because it has been several weeks since I last logged out of Facebook, but based on the recent comments on this thread it seems to have become a common issue for at least a few weeks now. I'm still receiving other texts normally, including verification codes from other applications (for example, Twitter and my bank). I thought it might just be my device's settings blocking certain texts so I logged into my online Verizon account to check SMS messages online, but still no trace of the verification code. Facebook's advice is to check with our mobile carrier, so it sounds like they're blaming Verizon. Is there any known method to resolve this? I manage the Facebook page for my business so I'm unable to post updates or check messages there until this is fixed. Thanks

RedBicycle77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a follow up... I'm not sure what changed, but today I finally received the SMS code and was able to log in to Facebook successfully.  I've been trying every day on both desktop and mobile (Android Galaxy S6). Still no code from my desktop attempt, but I received it after submitting a request from the mobile app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, RedBicycle77. I understand that you manage your business Facebook page account and it is critical that you are able to access and update your business page.

Our goal is to assist you as much as possible with all your Verizon Wireless concerns. You mention that you do not receive an SMS verification code for 2-factor authentication from Facebook, but you are able to receive other texts normally, including verification codes from other applications like Twitter and your bank. This confirms that your Verizon Wireless service is working correctly and the issue is isolated to messages from Facebook. We would offer to troubleshoot this issue if other messages were being impacted but this is only with messages from Facebook. We recommend that you address the issue with them or explore other authentication options (https://www.facebook.com/business/help/530540643805698/148233965247823).

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RedBicycle77 We apologize for the delay in responding, and we are happy to learn you have received your code. Are you all set now? Is there anything else we can assist you with? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Dfwmok
Enthusiast - Level 1

How long did it take you finally to get a sms code ? I now have the same problem for last 3 days . My account logged out. I have received from all other text fine except the Facebook code .

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dfwmok, we want to ensure you can access your Facebook account as needed. We can definitely assist you here with that matter. If you're still unable to receive the Facebook SMS verification text, please follow the steps shown here:  https://www.facebook.com/help/427064200647221

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
eedobarganes

do you fixed it ?

0 Likes