False Advertisement on the Edge program
ParnellWalker73
Enthusiast - Level 3

Complaint I filled with the BBB about My experience with Verizon Wireless

Complaint Description

I went to the Verizon store on Nov 5th 2013 looking to get two phones.  One new contract and upgrade an existing line.  On Nov 4th I talked to a customer service rep the night before going to the store.  She told me I would be able to buy a new phone with a contract and be able to forward that phone number to my other phone in an attempt to not use many minutes on that line.  She also told me when I forwarded the phone, it would have a different ring to let me know which phone was being called. I talked to a rep in the store Nov 5th trying to buy and set up the phone like the phone rep said, didn't happen.  The rep in the store said it wasn't possible and he didn't know why the phone rep misinformed me and gave me other options to get service.  I then went outside to call customer service again about the problem and of course spoke to a new rep.  This rep told me what the store rep said was true so I went with the suggestion of the store rep.  Also while talking to the customer service rep, I asked about any financing plans they had.  She told about the edge program and she said that I could get it.  I told her I had an old unlimited plan and didn't want to give it up.  She said I didn't have to give it up to do the edge plan.  I go back into the store to finish my business with this information.  I got a new phone with a plan.  The next thing was the upgrade.  The rep in store told me I wouldn't be able to get the edge program without giving up my unlimited data and unlimited hotspot and again he didn't know why the customer service rep said that.   I was in the store almost 4 hours trying to get those things resolved.  Both of the phone reps wasted my time and money.  The customer service reps lied to me about services and Verizon's policies.  I was given a $50 credit for my trouble. 

Desired Settlement Description

I just wish to let everyone know that customer service reps for Verizon Wireless lies about services and plans in an attempt to get people to sign contracts and get phones!  I should've been able to get the upgrade with the financing after all the trouble and time they cost me.

Better Business Bureau®

Start With Trust® | Online Complaint System

•     BBB.org

•     Contact Us

Your complaint has been submitted

Thank you for submitting your complaint to us.

The BBB that will process your complaint is:

•     BBB Serving New Jersey

•     1262 Whitehorse Hamilton Sq Rd, Bldg A, Ste 202

•     Hamilton, NJ 08690

•     Phone: (609)588-0808

•     Fax: (609)588-0546

•     Email Address: info@newjersey.bbb.org

You will hear from this BBB soon regarding your complaint.

I checked the Verizon web page today to see if they had anything about what were facts about the Edge program.  The Verizon site doesn't say anything about special stipulations for getting a phone other than being out of you contract, getting a new phone and paying your bill on time.  Verizon is not allowing people with the unlimited data to use this program.  I advise everyone with a unlimited data plan to contact BBB!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: False Advertisement on the Edge program
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Sigh.....yet another unwarranted or yet troll complaint.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well what you could of done since you were on the phone with Customer Service is, you could of asked C.S. Rep I'm going inside the store could you please tell the Rep or the Store Manager what you just told me and you Guys can then work it out I've Done this in the past and i'v seen customers while i was in store buying a part do it,  It can sometimes puts the store Rep on the spot there jaws might even drop but most of the time the deal gets Done...

0 Likes
ParnellWalker73
Enthusiast - Level 3

I told that B33.  The only thing I got from it was the run around.  Customer service said one thing and store rep said other still.  Store manager talked to phone rep and explained to thing that that wasn't possible. 

0 Likes
ParnellWalker73
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you go to Verizon store or website and look at what qualifies you for the edge problem, you wont see anything about having to which you internet plan.  Check it out and let's see if you change your opinion.  I used to love Verizon before this issue because they would shoot me things straight until now.  I'm not the only one that has an unlimited plan that Verizon wants to get off the plan.  They lose money with us.  If you check tech new, within the next 6 months or so we'll be talking over data so they're gonna lose even more money with us customers with unlimited data plans!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well at least you give it a try. we can say that Smiley Happy b

0 Likes