Feature request for subscription Spam filter
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey folks,

How hard would it be to add support for wildcards in the call blocking list?  I am getting a ton of spoofed spam calls from my NPA/NXX.  Nobody I know has a number in my exchange and I would like to block every TN in it.  It is flatly impossible to add an entry for all 10,000 numbers in the exchange, so an entry like 555-555-* would be awesome.  Thanks!  -M.

0 Likes
Re: Feature request for subscription Spam filter
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I'm sure there are apps out there that do that.

0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's a rather useless reply to my post. Even if there are other apps, I would prefer not to stack a bunch of filter apps to control something that could easily be added to something I am already paying for. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You make a wonderful suggestion, vx1! It would be great to include an option to block wildcards in the list of unwanted calls in our Call Filter app. While boringusername is correct about there being “apps out there that do that,” it’s certainly understandable that fewer apps make for better phone operation. I’ve sent your suggestion to the developers, so that it can be considered for future enhancements to the Call Filter app. We’re always looking for ways to add value to our products and services. Thank you again for your suggestion. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks George! 

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@vx1 wrote:

That's a rather useless reply to my post. Even if there are other apps, I would prefer not to stack a bunch of filter apps to control something that could easily be added to something I am already paying for. 

You PAY for it?

0 Likes
vx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just a couple of bucks a month. Adds some useful tricks to it. 

@boringusername wrote:

@vx1 wrote:

You PAY for it?

0 Likes